Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

going to buy a blue 1W laser and i need help choosing

PL-E takes 2x 16340 so id get THESE

if you get the HL445 then you can get the same batteries but it only takes 1 of them at a time. Same thing with the PL445 but it takes two like the JetLaser. for a charger i suggest you get one of THESE

Chargers that come with lasers are normally junk however i cant speak for the jetlaser charger since ive never read anything on them nor know what kind it is

so the 16340 is just a cr 123 battery???

basically yes but diff volts so 16340 is better and i have those exact batteries they power my 1600mw blue for a very long time for that power,,, many times more than the ultrafire i had

Last edited:
no, a CR123 is not rechargeable and a 16340 is. CR123's are also 3V while 16340's are 3.7V. i dont recommend using a CR123 or CR123R due to the lower voltage (you will get a lower output die to this and if the driver needs the extra voltage, then the laser wont work)

EDIT: you can get a li-ion CR123 that is 3.6V and those will work but 16340s are so much easier and cheaper to buy

Last edited:
ok thx im going to get a PL-E Pro 445nm Blue Laser with 2 16340 3.7V BATTERY cr123a and a 445nm Laser Safety Goggles from jet lasers is that a good laser choice???

CR123s can be rechargeable, even the 3 volt ones. tenergy makes good ones. Size is same, though I've never seen a 3 volt 16340

yes but then they are CR123R's. they also dont make 3V 16340's afaik. when the laser company recommends a 16340 its because the laser needs the 3.7V, otherwise they'd say 16340/CR123 and some lasers do say this

well technically i think they are really RCR123s and not CR123R but some places list them as CR123R

Last edited:
you wont be able to tell unless its LPM'd. as i said above, some lasers require the extra 1.4V (0.7V if its only one battery) to function. if the voltage isnt high enough then the laser might not lase. every laser is different and only someone who owns that exact laser who has tried a CR123 in it can tell you. contact hakzaw1 and he could tell you. he is the US rep for jetlasers

you wont be able to tell unless its LPM'd. as i said above, some lasers require the extra 1.4V (0.7V if its only one battery) to function. if the voltage isnt high enough then the laser might not lase. every laser is different and only someone who owns that exact laser who has tried a CR123 in it can tell you. contact hakzaw1 and he could tell you. he is the US rep for jetlasers

im just going to use the recomended batteries thanks for all your help:thanks:

NP, yeah its better to be safe and use the size recommended and those IMRs are really good. i have one of them and its the only battery i use in my HL532

I would highly suggest this RIFLE 445nm V2 - 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer
I have the 1.5w version and it is amazing and overspec and focusable with a great price. If anything do not go with the spyder artic. The most overpriced piece of junk you can buy only thing it has going is continuous cycle. And the duty cycle on the rifle is not bad at all. Its about 1 minute with 40 second cool down.

Kingraptor724, apparently you dont read a bunch of lazerer threads lately. lazerer has slipped up badly in the recent months. they are sending broken laser or lasers are breaking within hours of opening them. i used to recommend lazerer but since ive had a few of my buddies get screwed over by them, i no longer recommend them. laserbtb is amazing and yes they are more expensive but they are also 100x higher quality and also have great safety features. plus if you get caught using it, it has a FDA sticker on it with all the safety features so lessens the chance police will take it

Kingraptor724, apparently you dont read a bunch of lazerer threads lately. lazerer has slipped up badly in the recent months. they are sending broken laser or lasers are breaking within hours of opening them. i used to recommend lazerer but since ive had a few of my buddies get screwed over by them, i no longer recommend them. laserbtb is amazing and yes they are more expensive but they are also 100x higher quality and also have great safety features. plus if you get caught using it, it has a FDA sticker on it with all the safety features so lessens the chance police will take it

witch one do you reccomend more and the PL 445nm 1000mW
or the PL-E PRO 445nm 1200mW

hmmmm thats a tough choice there. ive never personally dealth with jetlasers but ive heard nothing but amazing things about them. its all personal preference from here on out.

Jetlaser- larger host, option to use a DC plug, removable aperture plug

laserbtb- 18650 over a 16340 (longer run times due to the extra mAh but you can also use 2x 16340), more safety features on the laser itself (remote switch in the tail cap, keyed "ignition" and non removable safety aperture switch/plug

jetlasers site is down for me so i forget all the features of that one. in the end its whatever you like or think looks the best. they both are amazing lasers and the HL445 will probably be over spec like most of their lasers so 1W can be as high as 1.3W if you get lucky with a really efficient diode. i forget if laserbtb meters their laser before sending out but if you contact jetlaser or hak they will meter them for you.

hmmmm thats a tough choice there. ive never personally dealth with jetlasers but ive heard nothing but amazing things about them. its all personal preference from here on out.

Jetlaser- larger host, option to use a DC plug, removable aperture plug

laserbtb- 18650 over a 16340 (longer run times due to the extra mAh but you can also use 2x 16340), more safety features on the laser itself (remote switch in the tail cap, keyed "ignition" and non removable safety aperture switch/plug

jetlasers site is down for me so i forget all the features of that one. in the end its whatever you like or think looks the best. they both are amazing lasers and the HL445 will probably be over spec like most of their lasers so 1W can be as high as 1.3W if you get lucky with a really efficient diode. i forget if laserbtb meters their laser before sending out but if you contact jetlaser or hak they will meter them for you.

i like a smaller host and the PL 445nm 1000mW it is focusable right? but it does not come with a pair of safty goggles right??? i dont have a pair suitable for a 1W 445nm laser where can i find a good pair thats confortable and fits a smaller head

Last edited: