Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GIVEAWAY - Massive Cancer Fundraiser Giveaway (Multiple Prizes Available)

Well, my mother passed away on October 24th at 10:23pm CST at the age of 53.

I've watched a lot of people die in the course of my career. It's a lot different when it's someone you care for.

I still fucking hate cancer.

What I hate about it is that it's not this "thing" that kills you, it's the failure of an organ caused by the cancer that kills you. For my mother, it was liver and kidney failure. Fluid retention caused her lungs to slowly fill with fluid, increasing the coarse lung sounds heard with each breath. This eventually led to respiratory distress and fatigue then finally respiratory arrest, which caused her heart to stop a couple minutes later.
It's not pretty watching your own mother take those last couple agonal breaths like a fish out of water.

It also made me think about how pathetic and primitive our knowledge of medicine is. We really know nothing. It's 2015 and we had my mother laying in a bed at home dying and all we could do was keep dripping more morphine in her mouth hoping it would end the suffering a little sooner.

Last edited:

GSS

Mohrenberg, Just so sorry I wish I had some magic words. Your so right we are so behind on this fight but seeing how they are trying to treat it though generics is mabey some hope as slim as it might be. Hang in there

Sorry about your mother, cancer sucks and thats why I'm trying to raise money for research through this giveaway.

One month left guys

Few weeks left and people are going to go home with this beautiful laser and all the other goodies :D

Not many people on the list so good chances to win

Ricker

Hey Sean! Just donated $50, so 5 please! Thank you and good luck! I hope this little bit helps!

Sorry to hear about your mother, Mohrenberg. My aunt also passed due to the evil cancer. :(

Thanks, Nate.

One week left! BTW I have an appointment in Boston on the drawing day for a checkup on everything. I might be home later than the 6:30p drawing time BUT I will do the drawing as soon as I get home (if it is after 6:30, otherwise goes on as scheduled)

OVNI

Donated $50. Will PM. Nice work you're doing.

One week left! BTW I have an appointment in Boston on the drawing day for a checkup on everything. I might be home later than the 6:30p drawing time BUT I will do the drawing as soon as I get home (if it is after 6:30, otherwise goes on as scheduled)

Last edited:
How fitting that today I had fraxel laser treatment ;)

Drawing is tomorrow so less than 24 hours to enter. Anyone who donates prior to the drawing will be included.

Results

1. (6) SoulCraves
2. (4) Emarkd
3. (23) OVNI
4. (13) Apt323
5. (2) Mohrenberg
6. (15) Ricker
7. (3) Emarkd
8. (5) aginthelaw
9. (9) Pman

I have backups just in case anyone doesn't want their item for any reason. Check your PMs if listed above :)

Thanks again to everyone who participated. I greatly appreciate the support and will keep every single one of you in mind when I'm on the 100 mile bike ride in February. I'm probably going to have a custom shirt, patch, something made up with all of your names on it to wear while I am cycling, you all rock!

EDIT: I sent everyone who won a PM. If you did not get it for whatever reason, please feel free to PM me. Tomorrow I will be doing a GORuck event for Sandy Hook so I will not be available to return messages until later in the day. Everything is already packaged up and just waiting for your addresses to be added to the package.

Last edited:

Ricker

Thank you very much for the giveaway and very glad you raised so much money for a great cause! I hope your checkup went good today!

Hey I was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia at the age of 12 and I am now 16 and still going through maintenance. It has been rough but I am still pushing through. I do not have the money to donate but I think it is a great thing you are doing and I really appreciate it.

awww... thats ok. it was nice to donate and fun to play.. great job guys!!

Check up went well and same with the Fraxel Laser treatment. Luckily my neck is still numb to any feeling so the numbing injections were not really needed, nor did I even feel them. The lasering itself did get warm at times but since I'm numb it wasn't bad at all. Kind of fitting that I had laser treatment to try and help break up the scar tissue and flatten the scars out