Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Give me your tired, your poor...

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.

Will pay shipping for broken 445nm diodes. I've posted this before, but still haven't gotten a single response. Please, any 445nm diodes you have that no longer lase, I'll take them off your hands.

(And extra points for knowing the reference, although it's pretty darn easy and everyone in the United States should know it. Even though you may not know the author or the actual title of the excerpt, everybody in the US should know the significance.)

Last edited:

daguin

Will pay shipping for broken 445nm diodes. I've posted this before, but still haven't gotten a single response. Please, any 445nm diodes you have that no longer lase, I'll take them off your hands.

(And extra points for knowing the reference, although it's pretty darn easy and everyone in the United States should know it. Even though you may not know the author or the actual title of the excerpt, everybody in the US should know the significance.)

I'm sorry I missed your interest. I sent a "zombie" to The Monk to decan and take macros of. See if he is done with it.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/445nm-diode-macros-52886.html#post738900

Peace,
dave

That's from Ellis Island :san:

Edit: Eh, close enough :whistle:

Last edited:
I have a diode with a broken window - if I am unsuccessful with decanning it I will send it your way :)

It's actually written on the Statue of Liberty (which is on Liberty Island, NY), on the tablets she holds. And it was written by the French.

Both slightly incorrect, but I'll give you both credit.

It is a Statue of Liberty thing, which is on Liberty Island, but the tablet that the big copper lady is holding in her arm reads "July IV, MDCCLXXVI" (July 4, 1776).

The excerpt I posted is from a sonnet called New Colossus, written by Emma Lazarus (an American poet) in 1883. It is inscribed on a plaque that is inside the statue, which was added to the statue in 1903.

-----------------------------------------

But anyway, any more diodes out there? Pretty please?

Last edited:
Both slightly incorrect, but I'll give you both credit.

It is a Statue of Liberty thing, which is on Liberty Island, but the tablet that the big copper lady is holding in her arm reads "July IV, MDCCLXXVI" (July 4, 1776).

The excerpt I posted is from a sonnet called New Colossus, written by Emma Lazarus (an American poet) in 1883. It is inscribed on a plaque that is inside the statue, which was added to the statue in 1903.

-----------------------------------------

But anyway, any more diodes out there? Pretty please?

My mistake on the tablet, but it is also written on a plaque in the Statue of Liberty Museum at the base.

W4NX

Anyone else out there with a dead 445 they wouldn't mind sending my way? No disrespect to The Monk, great shots, I just feel my Canon EOS 5D mkII 21 megapixel DSLR with the Canon MP-E 65mm 1-5x macro lens could get even closer/higher res pics. PM me if interested. Willing to pay shipping.

flecom

think the reason you havent gotten any responses is they are incredibly difficult to kill

i actually smoked one (literally smoke came out of it) and after I let it cool down it started working again at the same power as pre-smoking!

i am still trying to figure out if my first 445 is dead or not. i will be trying to make some time for it before monday and let you know! pm me your address, ill drop it in the mail as soon as i get a chance.

also, new colossus, although its been said, i knew it from the damn title.

Now I just need the time to do something with it. By the end of this week I should have something.

Whatcha gonna try? reverse pulse? super macro photography of the dissection of the die? remounting die?

I've got a broken diode, but I'm planning on repairing it because the fault was just a bad lead, but I'm still curious what you are wanting to do with these.

Whatcha gonna try? reverse pulse? super macro photography of the dissection of the die? remounting die?

I've got a broken diode, but I'm planning on repairing it because the fault was just a bad lead, but I'm still curious what you are wanting to do with these.

Just good photos of the die, with a good microscope. SEM later, but I won't be able to get it in the SEM for a while, but I should be able to get it on the microscope tomorrow.

I doubt there is anything doable to fix it. Maybe if it's just a wirebond that is broken then maybe it is fixable and I might be able to con a friend in my lab into wirebonding it for me. He owes me since I supply him with violet laser diodes for his work. But if there's any problem with the die itself, there's really no fixing to be done.

Last edited:
I love macro shots of semiconductors, esp. LEDs and laser diodes. Looking forward to the show :drool: