Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting lasers in Australia?

Hey does anyone have a secret about getting High Powered Lasers passed Australia customs? I'm looking at buying online and I need to know if anyone has any little secret to basically smuggle it in.

Should I used Auspost or DHL? :tired:

3Pig

Build them, buy local or hope to god that customs don't nab it :)

Pretty sure its the batteries which stand out to customs, so if you take your chances try not get them without batts.

Wonder if you would have a better chance just ordering laser diodes and hosts separately. Maybe just order separate parts?

Importing parts will be be fine. High chance assembled lasers will be seized, not worth counting on the minute chance that it will pass.

SyKo

You can always buy a Complete Module then simply order the Host seperately,

if by high power your just looking for something that produces a green beam when its dark you can always take your chances ordering some of the cheap Aussie stock from ebay that say "1mw Green..." usually about 8 bucks and shipping is pretty fast(2-3 days sydney to melbourne), downside is the quality, lack of IR filter and you may be getting a 5mW laser or a 50mW laser (part of the fun for some i guess) either way i've picked up a few of these and my "1mW" laser is pretty frickin bright and burns with very little focus, on the other hand my other "1mW" laser is pretty piss weak.

I've gotten a more than a few lasers into AU past customs, the process I followed was dismantling the lasers into 2 parts & shipping them separately. 1st package would contain the laser head (diode & driver assembled inside, no focus lens) and would be labeled 'LED light/lighting'. The 2nd package with all the remaining parts would go out a few days later labeled 'flashlight/flashlight parts'. Every one of my AU customers received what I'd sent them, customs never questioned or held anything. Good luck :beer:

DGrizz

I'm pretty new but always interested in the laser laws countries have, and how well they enforce them. This stuff is kindof hard to find if you're ever looking for specifics

Does anyone have any links to buy lasers?
Is there anyone on LPF in Australia who can build some lasers? :D