Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Get $5.00 OFF RadiantShades! Protect yourself from Blue and Green lasers on a budget!

chefla

Is this deal still going? I would like to use them with my bluray laser but did not find the OD rating@405nm on your website. Has anybody tried these glasses with Bluray lasers and maybe measured the OD?
And, could somebody please do me a favor and measure how wide they are inside? I wear glasses and it is always difficult to find laser shades that fit over.

LaZeRz

Yes deals still going, the goggles are really good quality, blocks out all my lasers to under 5mw, You can wear them over glasses but if your willing to puch your glasses all the way up your nose :D if you want some measurements pm me :)

They measure 5-1/4 inches from hinge to hinge...
You can check on their website if they are in stock...

Jerry

chefla

Thanks lasersbee for the measurement! It seems that they will just fit over my prescription ones. I already got two pairs from dragonlasers and they are a tight fit, so I am looking for something more comfortable to wear. I need to wear my prescription glasses all the time or I would confuse a laser pointer with a pen.

Ahm, what about the protection from 405 bluray? Nobody has measured that yet? I see they work very well with 445nm lasers, but 405 could be quite a different story.

kazzos

Are these glasses/goggles presumed to be safe whilst using a 2W 445 or are they mainly used for lower power laser?

kazzos

yes that's exactly what I had in mind. what about the pair that also offer infrared protection or is that unnecessary?

LaZeRz

Thats unneccesary for 445nm lasers since they dont produce IR...

532,473,589 and some other wavelenghts that are DPSS use IR diodes passed through crystals that half the wavelength... for example, a 976nm IR diode would = 473 when passed through the crystals but excess IR also comes out aswell... Thats why you need IR protection ;)

LaZeRz

Are you amazed by the power or just concerned about his vision? :thinking:

Well, a bit of everything. And wondering why he wants 2 Watts and can't settle for lower. Maybe it's a bad habit, but i assume all those with a low post count are new to lasers, and the asking about whether an IR filter is necessary confirmed that.

LaZeRz

Well, we were all noobs at one time

There's a video on ytube that tells you to put your red laser in a freezer to chill the crystals and increase the power...

I would be more then happy with 1.5 watts

Also, at higher powers I think the dot characteristics become even worse

Just seems weird to start out with 2W. The prospect has been glorified so much that people think that's just "THE" laser to have. It shortens the diode lifespan and if you haven't experienced 1 Watt yet, why would you want 2 Watts?