Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: Low Cost 15K Scanner Galvo Set with DMX & ILDA Complete - $75 **ARRIVED**

How many damaged units are there? Just curious!

There's just the one in the picture in the OP and then another one that feels a little loose like it's gona break any minute ;)

It's not that they're poorly put together, it's just that they were poorly packaged.

this is great news.

I can solder...

I'll send you the loose one ;) It's the same place that's loose as the one pictured that broke in the OP. Rocket said it isn't a too hard soldering job!

Just to make sure, the broken wire goes on the center wiper contact of the pot, right. Unless there is another broken wire, that's the only way it makes sense to wire it. :)

If you send these out in batches. I am in no hurry. I have to wait for my custom DAC still.

Just make sure you take care of other members before me :R

Just to make sure, the broken wire goes on the center wiper contact of the pot, right. Unless there is another broken wire, that's the only way it makes sense to wire it. :)

Yes you are correct... I think... Unless every single other set is missing the wire going to the left wiper contact...... Sh*t now you have me worried ;)

If you send these out in batches. I am in no hurry. I have to wait for my custom DAC still.

I'm going to try and get them all packaged by tonight and out by tomorrow. Trying to figure out the best way to package them...

Yes you are correct... I think... Unless every single other set is missing the wire going to the left wiper contact...... Sh*t now you have me worried ;)

No, its right. The center of a pot is the wiper. The other two legs just denote the increase/decrease of the resistance in relation to the turns of the knob. The wiper has to be attached for it to work either way. On the other legs , only one has to be used to complete the circuit. :)

it should still work it has some pre programmed effects. i am waiting on dx sound card and laserboy correction amp from drlava

Who's gonna put together the how-to video for us galvo-set-up noobs? ;)

-- apologies in advance if cross-forum-posting is considered bad form here --

photonlexicon.com has numerous tutorials on how to utilize these in a laser projector.

I am using it in a laser harp, and since I am following someone's plans, I can't post much beyond some simple pics...

Before you pack them all up, you should compare a few to make note of what the difference is between a good one and a bad one, and pass that info on as best as you can. Pics would help alot.

again, thanks for your efforts!

-- apologies in advance if cross-forum-posting is considered bad form here --

photonlexicon.com has numerous tutorials on how to utilize these in a laser projector.

I am using it in a laser harp, and since I am following someone's plans, I can't post much beyond some simple pics...

Before you pack them all up, you should compare a few to make note of what the difference is between a good one and a bad one, and pass that info on as best as you can. Pics would help alot.

again, thanks for your efforts!

I don't care about cross-posting. I feel like if someplace has something useful go ahead and post it. Isn't that what we're here for anyways?

Posting pics would be helpful ;) most tutorials are pretty confusing -- they tell you what to do with the terminology like you already know how to do it!

They're all pretty identical other than the picture that I posted in the OP of the broken wire. I'll keep my eye out for quality differences!

This is great news, I cant wait to get my hands on mine and start putting some stuff together! Thanks for all your hard work swimm.

So... more bad news... Looks like shipping is going to cost a lot more than I anticipated (they're bigger and heavier than I estimated)..

We've got two options from here: Either you send me an extra $10 so I can ship it out to you priority whenever I get that payment or you're going to have to wait ~2 weeks for me to get boxes that the post office didn't (???) have...

I'll put a link for the $10 to whoever wants that option in the OP.. Sorry guys I know this sucks.

*edit* realize I'm still losing some money on this whole ordeal hahaha

Last edited:
I will pay the 10$. Put mine on the side for me till next Friday. Ill send you a reminder next week.

Thanks!
Jeff