Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB feeler for aixiz module LD driver board

xanatos said:
Hey FITF- there are SM pots that are about .125" square, on a ceramic substrate (probably a total of .075" thick). I believe I ordered them from either Jameco or Digikey years ago. I can post a pic if it would help - lemme know. Does the full LD current flow through that pot, or out of the ADJ pin? Not sure the min wattage required on the pot.

Dave

Yes, the full LD current flows through the sense resistor. so unless a voltage divider were used, or a regulator could be found with a sense voltage of less than 1.25V, it would need to be rated at around .5W - .75W.

Gazoo

jake21 said:
ill take 10 all to geather

I hope you realize you may have to order the components and solder them on yourself. Just want you to know for sure since you have been asking about pre-made drivers.

yea i dont want to order the components, try to include them and raise the price a little

Hello All,
I have not been into laser for awhile, looks like I am now back, things have come a long way in 10 years. I am building a "dorcy Jr" with parts from "Senkat", these look like they would be perfect for the driver.

I would like (5) kits, if they beome available
If not, definitly sign me up for (5) of the boards alone.  

Sorry for the "newby-ness"
Dark Horse

Daedal

FusionIsTheFuture said:
i have another question for you interested, maybe one of you will know the answer.

does anyone know of some type of thermally conductive (non-electrically conductive) silicone? not something gooey like a heatsink grease, but something that stiffens up (not completely) so that when its dry its rubbery, and it could be peeled off? something like this would help with any heat issues this thing might have.

also: notice new picture
-FITF

About this... DX has a thermal glue that seems to be just like that. It's a silicon based thermally conductive, electrically non-conductive, glue. :)

Also, put me down for 0 of these little suckers.

--DDL

Daedal

Ok... I need to take that order back... you mean these are LM317 drivers? With a 3V drop?

I thought they were the same as the AixiZ drivers...

Why is no one interested in making a transistor-based driver?! :-/

--DDL