Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB FAILED!! for scansets from DT

Re: GB STARTED for scansets from DT

^^^ I agree SS- it could be both faster and cheaper--but right now I am still goinng around and around with DT. No luck on getting an even better price- we maybe can get the dhipping down a little and I am pushing for more than 5 extra mirrors-total -at least one pair per scanset. Seems DT sorta got burnt by someone just looking for a good deal by promising to place orders of 1K sets per year and did not follow thru..

Another issue that came up was, apparently, there is a yearly limit of how much USDs can be exchanged so we must send the money to Gray at JETL so he can convert and pay for our order.. without his continued help on this I would have given up long ago. I feel a lot safer having Gray as our wingman/middleman.. Awaiting now on a reply to our last offer. Gray has called and emailed DT many times for us trying to get this GB to happen--

more updates as they happen-- IF anyone on my list is out for sure plz advise.. we still need a few more wanting DT scansets, those still IN need to get thier funds ready... hak:thanks:

Last edited:

BUMP=need just a few more to move fwd on this-- PM me asap

DJZ

Hi all, just noticed this thread, great bump timing, hak! For about a year or two, I was the distributor for these in the USA. I will say that the DT's are simply the best scanners to come out of China, in part because of the recommended changes to the DT-40Pro's a couple years ago. Jian was open enough in his thinking to follow these changes which resulted in a far superior scanner. I would like to add that the DT-30's and the DT-40Wides are an outstanding scanner, but the DT-40Pro is the top of the line in quality and reliability, 2nd only to Cambridge scanners. I also performed warranty repair on them when there was a need for it, though I only had 3 sets come back with an issue, 2 of the 3 being user inflicted! So if anyone has an issue with them, I'm certainly glad to help. I had to give up being the distributor as I had less and less time to devote to the business and my office/shop slowly turned into a kids playroom! Now that I have a shiny new office/shop I intend on reviving some of my old products and have ideas for new ones as time allows.

WOW !!! :) very kind of you to help me David...
+2 for the input. :thanks:

I think I have gotten some pretty good prices out of Jian for this GB ....

he is still stinging from a bad deal from a guy wanting sample low prices claiming to be a rep of a big Germany laser outfit- so he is not the easiest guy to deal with-we are very lucky to have Gray of JETASERS as our friend there in China and he has spend some time on the phone with Jian.

I was hoping the shipping on ten sets would be less but we did get Jian down from $260 to $220- but DHL Express is as fast and as good as it gets IMO. 10+ boxes in past year never opened or damaged-2 days once and 4 another the rest 3 days!!
I am about to add Woody to the list for a possible two sets. That should put us close to the magical number of ten or more:beer:.. All on my list please PM me or post here about you ability to pay early next week. I will send out PMs as well.:wave:

Last edited:
Re: GB FEELER for new scansets from Dragon Tiger

Do DT's use a torsion bar? or do they flop around loosely like PT's do?
I prefer galvo's that can be initially setup to e zero'd on the screen with no power or signal
like what you get with General Scanning GS120PD's, I think it is safer also.

Do you have any idea what feedback is used for the position detection on these? Capacitive, Optical, Hall etc?

not sure what the current pricing is these days but I paid $700 for One G120pd and $350 to GS for the repair/rebuild on one, things certainly have gotten a LOT cheaper!!

iirc I read that DTs operate without the torsion bar.

BTW I hear some scanners with torsion bars failed when a strong magnet was put too close by accident.

Last edited:

UPDATE more than half want to wait til Jan- so we wait--see the OP.

We could use a few more to join this. Over 10 sets
--- fine...... under we have a problem.

I am interested in a set of DT-40k Wides. Does anyone know if the mirror height on these scanners in the same as the PT's? I would hate to have to readjust all my beam heights to get these to work. If I do have to do that, then ill probaby hold off for 6months or so and just buy the scanners at full price when im ready to tear down the projector again. If they are the same height, count me in.

I am interested in a set of DT-40k Wides. Does anyone know if the mirror height on these scanners in the same as the PT's? I would hate to have to readjust all my beam heights to get these to work. If I do have to do that, then ill probaby hold off for 6months or so and just buy the scanners at full price when im ready to tear down the projector again. If they are the same height, count me in.

I think you can find the answer here at Stans

http://www.stanwax.plus.com/lw/dtscannermanual.pdf

scroll to the second page

Last edited:

DTR

In some cases PP is required to report transactions to the IRS.. maybe you can tell me how I am to prove that this GB was not profit a making biz.... ever been audited?

Paypal I believe reports when you have more than 20,000 in transactions or over 200 individual transactions in a given year. But with a group buy like this if you say take in $5000 and you buy the product for $5000 then you have a whopping $0 tax liability.:p

Paypal I believe reports when you have more than 20,000 in transactions or over 200 individual transactions in a given year. But with a group buy like this if you say take in $5000 and you buy the product for $5000 then you have a whopping $0 tax liability.:p

EASY for you to say, my Buddy.

That may all be true but I have other agencies looking at my bank records.
I could lose my disability SSI if they think my banking records make me look like someone that is hiding income. Like Medicare. Or the hospital I use.
They look at every deposit and check/bank transfer ETC. When I try to explain what a group buy ism I can imagine them saying--yea thats what they all say.

I prefer USPS MOs Most who have done the six JETLASER GBs have paid me that way..... n/p.

AND I know how to scam anyone paying with PP very easily.
There is a nothing that PP can do. Just try to get money from an account with 10$ in it and no CC linked....

Scam someone who paid with a USPS MO and you have a BIG problem with the Feds.

thanks for the post in my thread...... :whistle:

looks like those scanners will work in my projector and are about 2-3mm shorter than the PT-30k. So im interested in this in January for sure.

One thing I want to point out to you guys, the stock PSU that comes with these scanners is not good enough to power them with good performance, sure they will work but its been highly discussed that you need a more suitable psu to power these scanners. Since you woundn't be buying these if it wasnt for their performance, then everyone should buy better PSUs.

Stock PSU is .8A, folks over at PL are recommending a PSU with at least 2A.

Last edited:

^^^ thanks did not know that. Do you have any info about where to get a good deal on the better PS?

...I think its worth it to note that I have the DT40 WIDE and DT40 pro with stock PS and have never had any issues with them, But I have heard those stories from other ppl.....

Someone suggested this done on PL
Integrated Power Designs | SRW-115 model 2004

^^ My electronics IQ is very low:whistle:-sorry.... pardon my Noobish questions.
Any idea of the cost ??
I have spent about all I can afford already.

I see that the IPD2004 is 5A- so as you say 2A is better than the 0.8A PS that DT provides.
The extra 3A is apparently no problem - if that is true could I use my air-cooled Lamba NV 350 PS? ...one of its four choices is 24V at 8A. Its ~twice the size of the DT PS but my case is large so it will fit. Plus it also has ewo 15V(16A & 13A) and 5V (10A) which maybe I could use for my 12V .5A(Casio)fans and other components. Its made for medical devices which should indicate that it is a high quality PS.

...I think its worth it to note that I have the DT40 WIDE and DT40 pro with stock PS and have never had any issues with them, But I have heard those stories from other ppl.....

Thanks Brooks- ATM my plans for my PJ are to use it for private parties with my friends and LEMs so it will not need to be a workhorse.

Last edited:

You can use any PSU that supplys +/- 24v, most are only +24v so that's the trick finding one that is +/-24v. The only one like that on that page is 2004 model. Another way to do it is to use two +24v PSUs @ about 1A each. Hope this helps. The stock PSU should get you by for a while. Its said to be slightly under spec and that puts you at the scanners protection circuit thresh hold hence the need for something with slightly more current. 1.5A would probably be ideal, however I am having trouble sourcing something like that. The problem is the higher current PSUs tend to be larger thus not being suitable for certain applications.

^^ My electronics IQ is very low:whistle:-sorry.... pardon my Noobish questions.
Any idea of the cost ??
I have spent about all I can afford already.

I see that the IPD2004 is 5A- so as you say 2A is better than the 0.8A PS that DT provides.
The extra 3A is apparently no problem - if that is true could I use my air-cooled Lamba NV 350 PS? ...one of its four choices is 24V at 8A. Its ~twice the size of the DT PS but my case is large so it will fit. Plus it also has ewo 15V(16A & 13A) and 5V (10A) which maybe I could use for my 12V .5A(Casio)fans and other components. Its made for medical devices which should indicate that it is a high quality PS.

Thanks Brooks- ATM my plans for my PJ are to use it for private parties with my friends and LEMs so it will not need to be a workhorse.