Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB 20mW 635nm diode

I haven't stashed mine away. Well actually I have, but only so they won't get damaged though. :p I just plan to transplant one into a newwish host first, and i'm waiting on a m9x.5 die to come in so I can fabricate a puller to get the old module/driver out so I won't screw the host up since I want to reuse it.

$2? Not quite...?

AixiZ

-Trevor

I think it was diodes.
And yes, about $2 each. I have them on ebay in smaller lots , but even at 10 pcs, they are $2.5
I have trays of 100 pcs., but not much of a discount.
Yes, 7mW vs 20mW is big.

Find me 20mW 635nm diodes for $2 each and i'll buy 1000 and even give you $1 each as commission...

the quote of before was $2 for 5mW/ 7 mW diodes.

who wants 1000 diodes, 20mW , 30mW, 40 mW? If someone wants to step up to the plate and you do the GB, I'll get a good price for the parts.
Qume, will you put up funds for even 100 parts at 20mW if they were $15 each?
I deal with 10+ thousand didoes each month, it just depends on volume as the price you get.
I'll have to review this thread to see what actual SANYO part is is, if it's even SANYO. Don't flame me, as I am saying I have not read each post, but the data sheet I saw had no part number on it. If the sopurce was from Asia, who know what part is actually sent. I'm a SANYO direct distributor. If like the early 405nm diodes, sources showed Nichai and SANYO data sheets and the diodes were definitely NOT the diodes of the dockered data sheets.
Anyway, it was just a comment above to say, yes 5mW, 635nm diodes are about $2 each.
Will

Nope. Only if they're $2. :D You said you could get these (20mw) diodes for $2 so I was going to hold you to that.

I was being facetious anyway. If I had the funds i'd just get them from a manufacturer myself and skip (or rather.. become) the middleman.

Last edited:
I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this. See post #31. It goes off discussing 7mW diodes and their $2 price. The jist of it was why spens more for ONLY 20mW.
Trevor then said, in post #32, no diodes like that are not $2, although he shows a link to modules.
Later, on this page I quote Trevor and say yes, 7mW diodes are about $2. Then you are telling me what I wrote, and what I meant, and now you want to be the middeleman. OK