Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gallium (feeler)

rkcstr

Found some place searching online that sells gallium (http://www.emovendo.net/magnets/gallium/).  Looks like at 35g, you can get it for $2.08 per gram (about $2.31 with shipping).  If that's not the place you're getting it, you might ask them if they can give you a better price.

Also, looks like gallium prices are around $500/kg, or about $0.50 per g.  Seems like they're making good money off that stuff  :-/

Hell, if we could find a place to get a kg of the stuff, I'd be all for it.  Wouldn't be that hard to melt into small pellets...

rkcstr said:
Found some place searching online that sells gallium (http://www.emovendo.net/magnets/gallium/).  Looks like at 35g, you can get it for $2.08 per gram (about $2.31 with shipping).  If that's not the place you're getting it, you might ask them if they can give you a better price.

Also, looks like gallium prices are around $500/kg, or about $0.50 per g.  Seems like they're making good money off that stuff  :-/

Hell, if we could find a place to get a kg of the stuff, I'd be all for it.  Wouldn't be that hard to melt into small pellets...

That is a higher purity than my supplier. I'm not making much money off this, so feel free to buy it wherever- I just would like to bring you guys some gallium.

Yes, it is legal to import and own worldwide, to the best of my knowledge- it's useless in weaponry of just about any kind, and it's entirely nontoxic. No reason at all to ban it.

-Mark

rkcstr

I wasn't trying to cut on your prices, I was just seeing if that was the place you were buying, and if not, you might be able to talk your supplier down lower. And, I know you wouldn't be making much off this at all, I was just saying that probably the supplier does if they buy it at market prices in kg amounts.

rkcstr said:
I wasn't trying to cut on your prices, I was just seeing if that was the place you were buying, and if not, you might be able to talk your supplier down lower.  And, I know you wouldn't be making much off this at all, I was just saying that probably the supplier does if they buy it at market prices in kg amounts.

Oh don't worry about it, I totally understand! I'm sure that my supplier does buy it at market prices, because that's how he makes his business. That's actually quite a good price for such high quality gallium.

-Mark

it took me 30 seconds to find a place that sold it at $0.35 per gram if you buy in quantity and you can probably get it cheaper than that if you shop around.

Gallium ingots 99.999%.
USD350/kg

shame you need to buy 10kgs

these people that are selling it by the gram at $15 are making 4500% profit on it ;D and probably more as they are likely get it for less than 350/kg

ive always wanted a tennis ball sized lump of gallium so i can pretend i can melt lead with my hand ;D

weetsies said:
it took me 30 seconds to find a place that sold it at $0.35 per gram if you buy in quantity and you can probably get it cheaper than that if you shop around.

Gallium ingots 99.999%.
USD350/kg

[highlight]shame you need to buy 10kgs[/highlight]

these people that are selling it by the gram at $15 are making 4500% profit on it  ;D and probably more as they are likely get it for less than 350/kg

ive always wanted a tennis ball sized lump of gallium so i can pretend i can melt lead with my hand  ;D

My order was 135g...do you think it would be worth it to pay $3,500 for 135g of gallium?

-Mark