Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gallium (feeler)

I got some gallium yesterday!  It's really sweet- it really does melt in your hands, although not as fast as I had expected.  It's pretty cool that it's non-toxic as well.  I could set up another order with my supplier if you guys want some...how's $2.50 per gram sound? (United Nuclear sells it for $10 per gram.) It's in the form of 99.99% pure shot.

-Mark

Re: Gallium

I'm gonna need some other people ordering as well- I'm keeping my 15 grams! I can order some more from the seller if I get enough order so that I don't lose money on shipping. A lot like a GB.

-Mark

iewed

UN actually wants $15 per gram of this stuff. I'd be interested in a few grams.

So, I don't have a scale available right now, but I took a picture of 14g (the other 1g I have is embedded into my rug), and a picture of a lump which I believe to be 2.5g or thereabouts.

I think I'll leave this up for about a week or so and then place my order. I'm glad to see so much interest in this!

-Mark

Attachments

• Gallium.jpg
    Gallium.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,020

iewed

So you could create little "sculptures" out of this stuff?

I have some gallium, and it's really cool. Iewed, you probably could make sculptures out of gallium, but it would be difficult. You're probably better off using something else.

Are there any restrictions on sending this to europe?

I know gallium is not considered a hazardous material but just to be sure...

i may take 2 or 3 grams of this if I get some spare money.

The only restriction on sending this to Europe would be the shipping- it might be expensive. Gallium is completely nontoxic, and I don't see why there would be restrictions, especially on such a small amount.

It would be hard to sculpt with, but you could try! I haven't been able to do much more than make various cool-looking blobs.

-Mark

Sorry for the double post- I just found out that I can melt gallium with my laser!

Soooooo...any takers? I'll need at least 30g total before I will place an order...

-Mark