Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

G2 Lens Supplier-ONLY $7 per lens

Hello,

I would like to reach out and see if anyone would like to buy G2 or G7 lenses from me, the price is $7 with a 25 min purchase, currently the cheapest these sell for is 15 dollars on ebay, and some companies sell them for 25 dollars.

Shipping will be provided for free, please instant message me.

My favorite lens is one that has a 11mm focal point, this is made for long range. The efficiency and beam quality blows away the cheap tipple glass lenses you normally see. This lens is made by the same factory that produces the G series lenses.

Courtesy of Solomon Lasers... my goal is to make this hobby more affordable and to provide the highest quality lasers and components. I was unemployed when I stumbled upon this hobby and myself wished it was more affordable.

Please post closeup photo's. Same question from me, minimum 25 each purchase? If so lets set up a group buy.

I'd like to confirm you business, do you have a web site?

diachi

currently the cheapest these sell for is 15 dollars on ebay, and some companies sell them for 25 dollars.

...Laserlands has G2 lenses for $6.90 for a single order quantity. That pricing may be in CAD too, so even cheaper in USD.

Last edited:
There are cheap knock-off so called G2 lenses, and there are high quality. Does Laserlands (too often over rate their diode power outputs) sell the high quality ones like DTR sells, or these cheap ones called G2 that have a lot of splash?

Sci-Fi lasers started out his relationship with members this very same way, with this very same type of item (IMO, cheap crappy lenses)...

Caution!

Some buyers loose their common sense when they think they are getting a steal, but are the ones who end up getting stolen from.

Last edited:
There are cheap knock-off so called G2 lenses, and there are high quality. Does Laserlands (too often over rate their diode power outputs) sell the high quality ones like DTR sells, or these cheap ones called G2 that have a lot of splash?

Sci-Fi lasers started out his relationship with members this very same way, with this very same type of item (IMO, cheap crappy lenses)... Caution! Some buyers loose their common sense when they think they are getting a steal, but are the ones who end up getting stolen from.

In that case, where exactly is Solomon Laser getting them for so cheap?

diachi

Sci-Fi lasers started out his relationship with members this very same way, with this very same type of item (IMO, cheap crappy lenses)... Caution! Some buyers loose their common sense when they think they are getting a steal, but are the ones who end up getting stolen from.

True, those G2s from Laserlands could be cheap knock-offs (anyone tried them). That said, OP could be selling cheap knock-offs too.

Need more info from OP.

Hello,

I would like to reach out and see if anyone would like to buy G2 or G7 lenses from me, the price is $7 with a 25 min purchase, currently the cheapest these sell for is 15 dollars on ebay, and some companies sell them for 25 dollars.

Shipping will be provided for free, please instant message me.

My favorite lens is one that has a 11mm focal point, this is made for long range. The efficiency and beam quality blows away the cheap tipple glass lenses you normally see. This lens is made by the same factory that produces the G series lenses.

Courtesy of Solomon Lasers... my goal is to make this hobby more affordable and to provide the highest quality lasers and components. I was unemployed when I stumbled upon this hobby and myself wished it was more affordable.

Never heard of a 11 mm focal length G2... I don't trust this at all. I don't think any lens used in the M9*0.5 lens holder we use can have a long focal length like that.

Last edited:

GSS

Sci-Fi lasers started out his relationship with members this very same way, with this very same type of item (IMO, cheap crappy lenses)...

Caution!

Some buyers loose their common sense when they think they are getting a steal, but are the ones who end up getting stolen from.
I have 2 of those Sci Fi G2 knock offs, I have no issue's yet with them and they seem to focus like Dtr's G2's sourced lenses. I'm running one in a 1.5W 445 and a PL520 at 100mw.
Alaskan what do you see that makes them not up to par?

Edit: 11mm of focal length doe's speak of focusing hassle's with the regular diode we tend to have??

Last edited:
If the focal length were 11 mm the beam from many of our MM laser diodes would be truncated or cut off inside the tube, and the holder would need to be extra long. Maybe he just threw something out about another lens he likes, but I took it to mean the G2 he was selling had that FL.

A three element lens is about 13 mm long, some shorter. You can't use them with some multimode laser diodes, unless, you don't mind loosing some power inside the tube due to truncating and they have about a (edit) 4 mm focal length. I shouldn't be focusing on that though, because a G2 doesn't have a 11 mm focal length, period. I don't know much about the G7 but I believe it is close to the same FL as a G2, isn't it?

I didn't like the lenses I received from Sci-Fi laser, they produced splash I didn't have with a good G2 lens, that and the aperture was smaller due to the type of hardware used to hold the lens in.

- - - - - - -

I don't mean to be harsh, I used to hate it when senior members would immediately go on the attack whenever a fairly new member tried to do business selling laster parts here, now I find myself acting like one of them! I just need more assurances and explanation before I'd risk money on this one.

Last edited:

GSS

If the focal length were 11 mm the beam from most of our laser diodes would be truncated or cut off inside the tube, and the holder would need to be extra long.

A three element lens is about 13 mm long, some shorter, but many are longer and you can't use them with some multimode laser diodes, unless, you don't mind loosing some power inside the tube due to truncating and they have about a 8 mm focal length. I shouldn't be focusing at that though, because a G2 doesn't have a 11 mm focal length, period. I don't know much about the G7 but I believe it is close to the same FL as a G2, isn't it?

I didn't like the lenses I received from Sci-Fi laser, they produced splash I didn't have with a good G2 lens, that and the aperture was smaller due to the type of hardware used to hold the lens in.
Gotcha, did you use any on any thing close to a NUM44 power wise?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
They would probably need to be in one of those extra long (14mm) holders that DTR used to offer.

Gotcha, did you use any on any thing close to a NUM44 power wise?

Not sure I did or not now. I just hated the ugly splash exiting one side.

Edit: I edited my earlier post about the FL of a three element lens, I believe it is closer to 4 mm for most of them, not 8.

Last edited:

GSS

They would probably need to be in one of those extra long (14mm) holders that DTR used to offer.
Never saw those 14mm holders:thinking:
I hate taking lens off my units plus the the focus knobs but just might have to compare Dtr's lenses to the Sci Fi ones to see the aperture and retaining ring difference..
Solemen, why so long to reply as you must have some info?