Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Full Copper Jacket - The Little Weapon - M140, 445nm, 2W+

mmmm, wow, how gorgeous did this build turn out !
As you may remember I had purchased some Full Copper 510's from Rich and I promised to make one for my friend Peter (GSS).
When I asked him what he'd like he reluctantly asked for an M140 445nm, he's such a humble, caring guy.

Well after a slight break from lasers I've started up again and I've finally got around to building a couple of Copper 510's.
This one's going out to Pete this week, as soon as I get a chance to ship it to him.
It's the first time I've dealt with an M140 and I must say I like the nice tight beam decent power.
Bought the modules from DTR, needless to say Jordan was once again fantastic to deal with and shipping was super fast to Aust.

The full copper body looks awesome and Rich did a great job on these.
I've also built a 465nm in the other copper 510 and there's a very visible difference in beam colour compared to the M140 445nm.
But when I tried to capture the difference in colour the camera didn't pick up the difference and both beams looked the same.
The 445nm is on the right, the 465nm is on the left.
The 465nm also gets noticeably hotter, quicker in this small host.

So, I thought I'd have a bit of fun and make a quick video showing off this nice 445nm copper build.
Hope you enjoy, oh and turn up the volume.

{Vimeo Link} Custom Copper 510 Mech Mod Laser.

RB

:beer:

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_4238.JPG

P5180007-pro.jpg

Last edited:

Re: M140, 445nm, 2W+ Full Copper Jacket - The Little Weapon.

Wonderful these host 510 ! finely-crafted in copper ! 100% copper ? or various mixtures of elements ? :gj:

Be sure to click on the Vimeo video link to see it in action.

:yh:

I've already seen the video :drool: I would explain as you pull out the cap of the + ?

Last edited:

Hi RB,
Well done buddy thats an awesome video and the 510 builds came out superb . The Copper really shines and they have some weight to them to . It matches the Vape mod nicely . I just modded two 510's with a floating Pos+ pin adapter from a skyray and a side button light. Awesome job once again GSS is going to be very happy and your so kind to make it for him. + Rep Pal..

Rich:)

GSS

:cryyy:Speechless:eek::)
I missed the video till just now:crackup:
Naughty little thing just like "Ferris Bueller":bowdown::beer:

Last edited:
OUTSTANDING!! That is a great looking unit! :drool::drool::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Great looking mods, RB! :beer:
That copper heatsink really makes it look rich. I'm sure Pete's going to love his when he gets it! :yh:

I've got one question for you, after watching your video, I noticed that the 510 adapter is not screwed all the way in to the mod body, is that the point where it tightens up?
:gj:

Reactions: GSS
Hi BT ,
Maybe i can answer for SB, Some vape mods do not have a spring loaded pos+ pin ,some are stationary so that is whether set a little high .
or they aren't adjustable.

Rich:):)

Copper sure is pretty, I have always liked it's color, just keep a little bit of metal polish on hand if you touch it a lot, well over time its well worth a bit of rubbing every once in a while.

Last edited:
Very nice build, Andrew. I know Peter will love it. I have built many of these using the M140 diode. I used to get them new, not soldered on, from Robinson at one of his many sites. I could get them directly for $40.00 each a couple years ago if I bought 5 or more at a time. I have some harvested ones left in my stock. The copper on yours matches the copper on the vape unit very well. Hope Peter will grace us with some beam shots when he gets it.

Thanks guys, glad you liked it.
I'm sure Pete will love it, it's such a nice unit and feels nice to hold in your hand.

Great looking mods, RB! :beer:
That copper heatsink really makes it look rich. I'm sure Pete's going to love his when he gets it! :yh:

I've got one question for you, after watching your video, I noticed that the 510 adapter is not screwed all the way in to the mod body, is that the point where it tightens up?
:gj:

Hi BT ,
Maybe i can answer for SB, Some vape mods do not have a spring loaded pos+ pin ,some are stationary so that is whether set a little high .
or they aren't adjustable.

Rich:):)
Thanks Jeff, yep Rich answered it perfectly.
That's where it sits with this Mech Mod.
I know on some of my other Mech Mods the module fits all the way in like on the Aspire but this copper Mod matches perfectly to the Copper module that Rich made up so I'll send him this one so it matches.

Very nice build, Andrew. I know Peter will love it. I have built many of these using the M140 diode. I used to get them new, not soldered on, from Robinson at one of his many sites. I could get them directly for $40.00 each a couple years ago if I bought 5 or more at a time. I have some harvested ones left in my stock. The copper on yours matches the copper on the vape unit very well. Hope Peter will grace us with some beam shots when he gets it.
Thanks Paul, yes the copper matches nicely.
As for beams shots, I may do some for Peter before I ship it out as he may not be able to upload them himself.
I'll try and get some nice shots when I get a chance.

:yh:

GSS

Copper sure is pretty, I have always liked it's color, just keep a little bit of metal polish on hand if you touch it a lot, well over time its well worth a bit of rubbing every once in a while.
Only my 2nd post on this thread as it's so:eek:
Lot's of emailing and shipping between RB and Lifetime that both kept it a secret that one was being planned for me.:) My ear's weren't even ringing:can:
I do know it would be a sin to not keep that pretty mod nice and shinny;)..On top of the 510 module I also don't have a vape host. I'm guessing the vape host itself is coated for all the handling they go through.
Clear coating the 510 would be a no no?? and Paul's method of vinegar soaking wouldn't be the best choice for a complete module build.
Simple metal polish?:)

Last edited:
I do know it would be a sin to not keep that pretty mod nice and shinny;)..On top of the 510 module I also don't have a vape host. I'm guessing the vape host itself is coated for all the handling they go through.
Clear coating the 510 would be a no no?? and Paul's method of vinegar soaking wouldn't be the best choice for a complete module build.
Simple metal polish?:)
Pete the vape host keeps it's shine well, I think you're right, it may have some sort of clear coat to cope with the handling.
As for the 510 sinks, I just gave them a good rub with a polishing cloth and they shine up nicely.
Remember, the host is case negative and the centre pin is positive so you need to place your two 16340 batteries in - negative to tail. :yh:

Very nice work Andrew. Looks great! :beer: Love the polishing job.

plusreplpf.png

Cheers Curtis, glad you like it and thanks for the +reps guys, much appreciated.

RB :beer: