Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: White Fusion Laser Mixing Kit

Dangit, I had it written down and now I can't find it anywhere...anyone, what is the pinout of an o-like module? After removing the driver, I just want to double check what the pinout is for this thing.

ETA: NVM, found and confirmed it. Case positive, and if looking at the pins from the rear with the case pin on top, the left pin is negative, basically the opposite of the red diode pin arrangement.

Last edited:

Case pin is Positive and Pin on the Left is Negative when case pin is on on top.

it is the exact opposite of the Red pin-out.

Edit: Maybe I should have read your whole post before answering lol.

I added this paragraph to the How-To section.

Green Rotation: Many green modules do not have there internal optics in perfect alignment. This causes the beam to come out at an angle. Rotate the module and adjust the heat sink adjustments so that the green beam travels on and even plain with the other beams and also at a desired angle through the sled. Taking the time to do this step well will greatly help make the next steps a success.

Man, this build is an experience.

No single step is that hard, but it's a LOT of steps.

And I'm kindof a meticulous person by nature, so I had the whole thing laid out, diagrammed, planned over and over before I started, with a 30+ item "to-do list" to make sure I had all the steps in the right order to make sure everything went together smoothly. I've used 10+ pages of graph paper laying out wiring, laying out physical space inside my box, everything.

I'd say I'm about 1/3 of the way time-wise. Totally done planning, ~1/2 way done with physical construction, and ~3/4 done with wiring/soldering.

But what an experience. It's going to be very rewarding to see this fired up the first time, and I've got a couple of little unique things going on that I haven't seen anyone else do yet ;). Nothing major, but a couple of touches that I really like.

Can't wait to see it! :pop: There are a lot of steps so if you have any questions please ask.

For my newest 12x build I am going to use a 405nm dichro in the place of the PBS cube and maybe squeeze out a few more mW out of it. That reminds me I need to lower my chroma graphs. I thing they are all too ambitious.

Cheers, :beer:

SightFX

Yeah, that's a pretty big chop you did on the Chroma simulations there.

I haven't totally decided where to set mine yet. Hopefully I'll have a better idea tomorrow after some tinker-time.

Yea I chopped it good. I don't want the sudo liability of recommending a power that causes premature death after all the work that goes into these so I lowered my recommendations an extra measure. The 6x diodes don't seem to be holding up like they used to so a larger reduction there. one problem is that we don't have a lot of data on these diode when it comes to continuous duty cycles other than the manufacturers specs. At least not that I have seen.

Maybe I should just make a graph that shows the relationship of each color. Then everyone can decide there own lasers fate.

The funds are in. I will take one. $135 + shipping.

Also, are you using a custom module for the SmOC diodes or an adapter for a aixiz?

Last edited:
The funds are in. I will take one. $135 + shipping.

Also, are you using a custom module for the SmOC diodes or an adapter for a aixiz?

I just have a few finishing touches on this batch and I'll be ready to ship.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Can you get me one of those remote kits and just take the cost off the last payment for the heatsinks? No rush on it, I still have to replace a few diodes in my kit after breaking the pins off my red diode (did too much fiddling with it).

I just have a few finishing touches on this batch and I'll be ready to ship.

Thanks,

Ryan

i am getting so excited! have a three motor spiro and a stepper motor setup just waiting for this to be done!

Hey all,

Good news and bad news. I have a batch ready is the good news. Bad news is that I am going up to Canada for 2 weeks. I can ship from there but it costs more unless you live there.

I may be able to have someone else ship them so I will leave some here and take some with.

SightFX

Hey all,

Good news and bad news. I have a batch ready is the good news. Bad news is that I am going up to Canada for 2 weeks. I can ship from there but it costs more unless you live there.

I may be able to have someone else ship them so I will leave some here and take some with.

SightFX

payment has been sent for some time... just wondering if you are planning on sending it soon.

payment has been sent for some time... just wondering if you are planning on sending it soon.

Sorry for the delay DJ. My time in Canada was extended another week. I am here in the states again and will have it in the mail first thing in the AM.

Thanks,

Ryan