Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: The Apollo Kit

Erhemmmmm...
Double same post Moh...:beer:

BTW... thanks for the lightning fast Refund...
I just love doing business with a man of his word..;)
No stress whatsoever....

Jerry

Last edited:

I still really want one of the originals. Ill send you payment as soon as you request it assuming the correct host will come in soon.

Keep us updated I cannot wait!

Hey Matt, really sorry to hear that. That's a lot of work that you did for these, and it just sucks that the supplier is so unreliable. I hope this wont get you down, I'm sure you'll whip out something new when you have a chance:)

I've already ordered 10 more and made the payment. Let's hope this time they send the right hosts.
I'll probably have these other ones done tomorrow night. I've got the HF portable band saw now so no more cutting aluminum bar by hand with a hack saw for me! that was half the work....

Update: The new order of the "correct" hosts should arrive tomorrow. They hit kansas city last night.
Assuming these are the correct hosts, I am going to try and find some time to finish them. I've got a very large order i'm working on so i'll have to search for time. But i've got most of the parts already made. I just have to do some touch up work on them and verify the sizing is correct.
I'll probably end up installing my driver and moduel in each one to ensure the spacing and size of everything works out (otherwise if one size is incorrect the lens won't be able to focus correctly)
I figured i would spend the extra hour or two to verify each one instead of risking having to send out a replacement to someone.....especially international customer. that would suck.

I'm just going to go ahead and include flamin pyro silicone leads with each package, so no need to tell me if you want them or not. Cause your getting them.
I will still need to know if you want your focus adapter painted black gloss

DTR

Good to hear they got them sent out quick after the mix up.:beer:

Update: The new order of the "correct" hosts should arrive tomorrow. They hit kansas city last night.
Assuming these are the correct hosts, I am going to try and find some time to finish them. I've got a very large order i'm working on so i'll have to search for time. But i've got most of the parts already made. I just have to do some touch up work on them and verify the sizing is correct.
I'll probably end up installing my driver and moduel in each one to ensure the spacing and size of everything works out (otherwise if one size is incorrect the lens won't be able to focus correctly)
I figured i would spend the extra hour or two to verify each one instead of risking having to send out a replacement to someone.....especially international customer. that would suck.

I'm just going to go ahead and include flamin pyro silicone leads with each package, so no need to tell me if you want them or not. Cause your getting them.
I will still need to know if you want your focus adapter painted black gloss

If I'm not too late to the party, I'd like to get on the list for one of these hosts with the focus adapter painted black gloss. I've finally decided to try my own build.

Ed

After i get rid of these first ten i'm going to order a batch of 30. Then i can offer them in stock and for sale with no waiting list.

OK. I'll keep an eye on this section and place an order when I see you post the green light.

Thanks,

Ed

Bummer about the mixup with the hosts. I'll keep an eye on this thread for when the other hosts come in as it'd be perfect for the 6x build I'm currently planning. If you haven't measured to see if a rkcstr will fit don't bother unless you want to have it for future use. Those drivers aren't really a good choice for a build powered by a single cell from what I've been reading.

Bummer about the mixup with the hosts. I'll keep an eye on this thread for when the other hosts come in as it'd be perfect for the 6x build I'm currently planning. If you haven't measured to see if a rkcstr will fit don't bother unless you want to have it for future use. Those drivers aren't really a good choice for a build powered by a single cell from what I've been reading.

No they aren't, if memory serves right, they require 2.25v on top of the diode voltage (so a minimum of 7.25v for a 6x diode)

But i know that 2xCR2 batteries would definitely fit inside of this host, so it may be possible. I bet if you simply remove the stock driver so the module can fit and just stick a spring on the end of the module for your + contact you could make this kit work with 2xCR2. I'll look into it.

That setup would only work with a case negative contact point to the diode. So it would need the set screw idea instead of glue holding the stock pill and heat sink together to ensure good contact with the case.

Jesus F***ing Christ!

I got the package today of flashlights. Remember my first order they sent me the wrong flashlights. So i sent them a message and ordered 10 more. They replied with this message:
Dear mohrenberg,

Thank you for your email .

I am so sorry about that the wrong ones .
We have received your payment of the other order and will notify our shipping workers to ship the right item to you asap .
Then will inform you the tracking # once we ship it out .
Pls wait with patience .
If you have any question ,pls contact us and we will do our best to serve you .

Have a good time .
Amy

First off, this bitch's name isn't Amy....she is obviously chinese based on my conversations with these people.
Second, I got my packages today and it's still the same wrong flashlights they sent me to begin with!
Chinese dealers just anger me to no end. They are evil and scheming and untrustworthy. They specifically told me they would ensure the correct flashlights were shipped this time.
I don't get angered easily. They screwed up and I was ok with it. They apologized and and said they would ship the correct items this time.
What obviously happened is they blow smoke up their customer's asses to make them feel better, but the quality control at their company does not extend past that little bitch sitting on her computer saying she'll make sure it gets shipped.

Anyone in Brooklyn? Someone needs their throat slit over at their warehouse.
726 64th ST.
Brooklyn, NY 11220

I'm not sure what to do now. I don't want to return them because I don't like returning items to the Chinese. They'll take it and say they never got it.
I may just have to give up on these kits all together. I don't know......

I did find a way to make these wrong hosts with the focusable head.
The pill has the be turned down so that the head never locks on. This lets the head slide further up and allow the room for the focus adapter.....I may just work on doing that today and see what i can come up with...

After these and my other big order i'll be doing a run of the cree aurora 18650 host for about $20-$25ea., or $10 for the heat sink only.

Last edited:
Damn dude, really sorry to hear this:yabbmad: These people are ridiculous! Maybe some member from NYC whom you can trust would try to return these at their address in person?...

I have no intention of returning them. I'm curious what they're going to do to fix this problem. Otherwise they'll get 1 star rating on 5 different transactions.....Yes, i'll play dirty like that. I can be Chinese too.

Dang!

These are the best looking and as functioning hosts I have seen! Try explaining to them that you are beyond dissatisfied and explain that this reflects bad on their company to the entire forum. Often times if you complain enough about a problem and show that it will hurt their future business if they dont make it right they will do what it takes to please you. Atleast thats my experience. Ive gotten lost of free stuff after orders have been messed up.

Toke

"Do not ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence"

Or something like that.
(Don't let it stop you from complaining about incompetence. :D)

As for the "Amy" name, the Chinese tend to pick an anglo name for use abroad, usually because their Chinese one cannot be written in English.