Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel Green Kit! - Polished! - Easy Assembly...

tony1

The stainless steel is beauty and will last a life time. You have great skill. Why stop at that. Get orders and fit the modules and charge for them. The idea of buying components at various places increases the overall cost.
tony1

Do you still have some of these? I would love to have one, although I would have to wait until next week. On a side note, those are some pretty spectacular photos jayrob. Were you using a ritchey chretien scope, or a SCT? I recently purchased an f/6.310" LX200 on a GEM, and am slowly gathering what I need for astrophotography.

jayrob

Do you still have some of these? I would love to have one, although I would have to wait until next week. On a side note, those are some pretty spectacular photos jayrob. Were you using a ritchey chretien scope, or a SCT? I recently purchased an f/6.310" LX200 on a GEM, and am slowly gathering what I need for astrophotography.

Most of the photos where through my Celestron C8 SCT. Some piggy backed through other camera lenses. Including a Schmidt Camera for the Hale-Bopp comet photo... (old school - film)

About the kit. Yes I have them! Just send me a PM! :beer:

I ordered that kit as-well, gave it to my GF as a gift. Literally takes a minute to put together. :yh:

Host arrived yesterday, thank you kindly Jay.
Great quality and workmanship :beer:

nickds

I couldn't be happier with the laser, it was a lot easier than expected to set up and probably spent no more than 5 minutes on it! The service and workmanship that went into the host was outstanding too :) Thanks, Jayrob, keep it up! :thanks:

hey mate just to clear things up.. all i need to buy is buy any green laser module.. any power? and solder it like the picture and its done?

ARG

That's all there is to it Psytrance, it was the easiest build I did; great starter kit for anyone going into the hobby. I highly recommend it. :)

Pman

Jay's kits are absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend.
Would like to point out that the 3V and 5V modules from Fasttech are less than $6 free shipping and low IR.
They have a pot for adjustment and I've found that the highest output for either is setting it for about .43 amps. My last order of 5 of each had 6 out of 10 over 100mw peak and I've seen over 140 on a couple before. Must have ordered about a 100 of them over the past 6 months for my inexpensive projects that you can see in my links. Don't know of any better bargain in modules out there and I've yet to get a dud.
Would say the lowest I've gotten was around 30mw. Some will not like the .43 amp setting so pay attention to what you are doing as you may have to drop it back down. Most come set somewhere around .3 amps. Either one will work the same as a standard 3V module. The 5V one is just rated to handle an input of up to 5V but there's really no more output with that voltage. They ARE different length modules though.
These would be a great addition to jayrob builds that take the standard modules like this and they are fantastic for getting into building your own stuff for as little $ as possible.
Anyways, hope this helps some of you aspiring builders and as always jayrob has some beautiful builds and gets my highest recommendation!
Take a look at my latest combo build in my Sig if you get a chance and maybe you could make a build kit for it to simplify things for others who may be interested (the "Pman special" one) if you still monitor this thread jay:)

Oh and hi ARG :wave:

jayrob

That's all there is to it Psytrance, it was the easiest build I did; great starter kit for anyone going into the hobby. I highly recommend it. :)

Jay's kits are absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend.
Would like to point out that the 3V and 5V modules from Fasttech are less than $6 free shipping and low IR.
They have a pot for adjustment and I've found that the highest output for either is setting it for about .43 amps. My last order of 5 of each had 6 out of 10 over 100mw peak and I've seen over 140 on a couple before. Must have ordered about a 100 of them over the past 6 months for my inexpensive projects that you can see in my links. Don't know of any better bargain in modules out there and I've yet to get a dud.
Would say the lowest I've gotten was around 30mw. Some will not like the .43 amp setting so pay attention to what you are doing as you may have to drop it back down. Most come set somewhere around .3 amps. Either one will work the same as a standard 3V module. The 5V one is just rated to handle an input of up to 5V but there's really no more output with that voltage. They ARE different length modules though.
These would be a great addition to jayrob builds that take the standard modules like this and they are fantastic for getting into building your own stuff for as little $ as possible.
Anyways, hope this helps some of you aspiring builders and as always jayrob has some beautiful builds and gets my highest recommendation!
Take a look at my latest combo build in my Sig if you get a chance and maybe you could make a build kit for it to simplify things for others who may be interested (the "Pman special" one) if you still monitor this thread jay:)

Oh and hi ARG :wave:

Thanks for the props guys! :beer:

tony1

Hello There Epiclaser, Jayrob is right, You won't go wrong with Jayrob.
Tony1