Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel 18650 Kit! Polished! Perfect for 445...

Wonly

Totally forgot to thank you Jay so much going on right now (system for my car fixing laptops/computers) Kit got in and its great just waiting to get my diode back (forgot to get pressed) then ill put it all together thanks so much man
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

jayrob

Your welcome! Hope your build goes well...

waffles, I sent your Stainless Steel 'Hot' option kit will all the options you ordered today. (Tuesday)

Thanks for your patience...

Update:

I have a nice green kit available for this same polished stainless steel host:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-stainless-steel-green-kit-easy-assembly-56412.html

SS%20Green%201.jpg

Last edited:

jayrob

Toaster, I sent your SS 18650 kit with options ordered today. (Wednesday)

Thanks!

jayrob

docjohn, I'm sending your Stainless Steel 18650 kits today. (Thursday)

Thanks for your patience!

Note for those still waiting:

I try to give as accurate as possible estimates. But it's hard to estimate that far in advance.

I honestly thought 3 weeks was about right, but I have not been getting all the orders done as fast as I had anticipated.

The following is an example of what can cause delays, and also make it hard to give accurate estimates:

* Waiting on parts (like V5 FlexDrives, or hosts) This causes orders to pile up in two different stacks.The orders that I do have parts for, get built in order of 'date paid'. But when I get parts, then I put the two stacks of orders together. And must go by 'date paid' to try and be fair to everybody.

So you can imagine how it's not easy to give accurate estimates. Especially when I get that far out.

Some of you have been waiting a long time. Thank you for your patience...

I hope to eventually get caught up so that the wait for new orders is not so long...

I completely understand if you want to cancel. And if you do, just let me know and I will refund right away.

Really sorry for the long delay...

I hate not being able to get orders out within a couple of days like I used to.

If you want to check status, please send me a private message, and make sure to mention the 'date paid'. That will make it really easy for me to find your order information...

Last edited:

ped

Hi Jay, any update on mine?

Paid 12th sept

Cheers ears :)

jayrob

PM sent...

Minamoto Kobayashi, I'm shipping your SS 18650 'Hot' option kit with options ordered today. (Friday)

Hope your build goes well!

jayrob

WLHostage, I'm shipping your SS 18650 'Hot' option kit with the options ordered today. (Monday)

Hope you like it!

Edit: Post office closed today. Packaged and ready for tomorrow's shipping...

Last edited:

jayrob

Stainless Steel 18650 'Hot' option kits with options ordered sent today: (Tuesday)

danefex (with SolarForce kit as well)
paulzimm

Hope you guys like the kits!

Awesome Jay, can't wait to see them!!! For me unfortunately, that will have to wait for when I return home from a week of tromping around London. I hear the food here is great & the weather is warm and sunny (sarcasm) :)

I will post a review with pictures after getting back.

jayrob

Hey jayrob, any chance of an update on my kit?

Thanks Luke.

I've got this stack of orders that are organized per 'date paid'...

Please send me a private message and mention the date you paid for the order. This will make it really easy for me to find your order information in the stack.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

jayrob

EnergyCoherence, I shipped your Stainless Steel 18650 'Hot' option kit with all your options today. (Wednesday)

cyberlaser, same goes for your SS 18650 'Hot' option kit and other items...

Thanks for your patience!

Hope you guys like the kits...

jayrob

laserdan, I'm sending your Stainless Steel 18650 kit with other items today. (Wednesday)

Thanks!

To anyone looking to purchase this build with the "hot" option set at a value approaching 1 Amp or higher I would strongly strongly suggest paying a bit extra and getting the custom copper AixiZ style diode bay as well as the FlexDrive V5 driver and having heat sinking for the driver built as well. Ideally sandwich style driver heat sinking that draws heat from both sides of the driver PCB should be acquired.

I just modified my builds from jayrob to swap out the MicroBoost for the FlexDrive V5 and added sandwich style heat sinking to the drivers and the difference is amazing. It has been my experience that without heat sinking for the driver circuit it fairly quickly becomes overheated and its built in protection mechanism starts to make the laser flash on and off. With this mod I've gone from a laser that could operate for roughly 60 to 80 seconds before flashing to one that operates in excess of 120 seconds without flashing (I haven't kept it on for much longer at this point but already those extra seconds make for a big difference).

Let me be clear about something so there is no confusion about my post. The builds I got from jayrob met the specifications perfectly that I gave to him at the time I ordered them. My demands for these lasers have increased since then as I've read about other builds' capabilities (ie: 1.5W builds, etc.).

Cheers!

-Scott

Last edited:

jayrob

I offer V5 FlexDrive 'Hot' options with driver heatsinks installed, but since this setting is not shown in the driver documentation for a 4 + volt diode, it will be at the buyers risk...

That said, a few of us are using them at 1.5 Amps (heatsinked) with good results! :)