Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: ***Selectable test load up to 3A (assembled or DIY kit)*** IN STOCK!

jimdt7

Jufran I received your test load a week ago! Excellent quality and service as expected! :beer:

Have a nice day,
Jim

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Got mine a little while back and also ordered about 6 round diodes like in the kit that were rated at 10a. I put these six first in line for my high current blue loads then finished it out with some of the remaining from the kit. I had to stagger them up and down to make them fit but it works great. Running at 2.5 to 3 amps they get a little warm after about 30 seconds but they easily handle the load. This is a great little kit. Really cleans up the mess I had with my previous load of diodes all strung together. I also wired some permanent leads to both the teas points and current inputs. The yeast leads have the same connector as my DVM and the current leads have insulated alligator clips. I just love it, so much cleaner now. Getting the same results as before but it just feels better to have something that doesn't look like a soldering accident. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to do this little kit.

No problem! I'm glad you guys like them! I'm just trying to help with what I can :beer:

zhivko

The GBPC3501 should work well enough for testing. As long as there are no big overshoots
on the scope at powerup, I think you are going to be fine. The big diodes can take some
abuse, unlike the ones we work with here much of the time. You are going to have a
capacitance on the output of the driver anyway to tame the aforementioned overshoot. Some
final testing should be done once the actual laser diode has been attached anyway.
Guys I tested power supply with multiple diodes as suggested.
If anybody is interested here is 50W laser led diode 915nm, melting wire solder on pcb...
enjoy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjuf0n2kIk

Last edited:
I want a DIY kit, but I want to make sure I know how to use it before I buy it. Do you have a tutorial somewhere?

Another thoroughly satisfied customer. I asked Monday if I could get one, and Thursday it's here. The clips are very much appreciated. More rep coming your way!
Thanks! :beer:

hey

i would like one of these test loads, option 2. need it posted to australia what's the cost? i've pm'd you as well.

hey

i would like one of these test loads, option 2. need it posted to australia what's the cost? i've pm'd you as well.

thanks
elliot

This test load is great. I recommend it to everyone. Remember that each diode has a max rated voltage drop of about 1.2v and you're good to go.