Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sanwu Laser store - RGB handheld lasers, 405nm,445nm,465nm,470nm,505nm,515nm,520nm,525nm,635nm,650nm

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

Honestly I think it's probably going to be a much more feasible project once the 4 pin RGB diodes drop (whenever those may be. They are coming.). Those and some lenses (lens?) to cut down on chromatic abberation is probably worlds better than having to service possible alignment tune-ups. Probably won't have the same 500mW power output, and the beam will likely need some masking around the edges, but business wise it will be a lot easier and less risky to produce

I was under the impression the RGB diode already had a collimated output and wouldn't need an external lens. Am I wrong?

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

Not to my knowledge it won't. Time will tell but I'd bet against it

Podo: Technical people love technical video. The promo videos were nice, but keep posting photos of materials, fabrication process, seating of optics, alignment and calibration. Things that are nifty and cool to watch.

We are all spoiled... used to watching YouTube videos of people working a lathe, prototyping and building a product.

Last edited:

Gazen

Any updates on the lpm? Or are you beginning to develop your own 589s that will be available next week?

Last edited:

Podo

Why you will need a 589nm laser if a RGB laser gonna be available soon. :na:

Just like the RGB, we made a last minute change to our 10W LPM, it's just our style - if we can make our product a little better by upgrading or modify something, we will do it right away.

The LPM should be available on our store in few days(hopefully, if there is no more changes made.)

For the RGB, we have settled down the method to locate the dichros and you cannot adjust them externally(Adjustable rgb module just doesn't work in such small pointer design, sorry Alaskan).

Last edited:

Podo

Podo: Technical people love technical video. The promo videos were nice, but keep posting photos of materials, fabrication process, seating of optics, alignment and calibration. Things that are nifty and cool to watch.

We are all spoiled... used to watching YouTube videos of people working a lathe, prototyping and building a product.

I would love to share that on LPF but due to company policy I am not allowed to disclose the information. The module design is actually quite simple but hard to make it works over time.

Last edited:

If it isn't adjustable it's probably going to become unaligned eventually and the laser will become useless. No point in buying a laser that will last a couple months.

Podo

If it isn't adjustable it's probably going to become unaligned eventually and the laser will become useless. No point in buying a laser that will last a couple months.

Well yes, that is the problem we are facing and tried to solve for the last couple of months(hence the RGB took so long, most time being spent on trial).

The good news is we didn't hear any bad news from the very first 10 RGB owners here in china(10 RGB lasers which made by our "old method" being sold a month ago), except one guy decided to bring it to a pool party and the laser got wet.

Last edited:

Gazen

Well yes, that is the problem we are facing and tried to solve for the last couple of months(hence the RGB took so long, most time being spent on trial).

The good news is we didn't hear any bad news from the very first 10 RGB owners here in china(10 RGB lasers which made by our "old method" being sold a month ago), except one guy decided to bring it to a pool party and the laser got wet.
:crackup: How is the waterproofing on the rgb?

Although our RGB laser got postponed a few times now but this new product will be available in just next week!

View attachment 60783
View attachment 60782
View attachment 60784
View attachment 60785

Now you can measure the power of your own Sanwu lasers with Sanwu first laser power meter! :wave:

More info of the LPM will be revealed soon.
Wow that looks great! A real LaserBee killer! :crackup:

I hope it's a high power LPM of at least 10 watts?

I'm on the road for work quite a bit so I'm often late to the party, I have just now seen your RGB laser and I'm struck by how small and compact it is!

I really like the rotating controls and the different effect modes, I hope it's not priced out of range of the average user and if it's reasonably priced I believe you won't be able to make them fast enough!, I know I really want one a lot!

Podo

The first RGB review is coming! We have sent the first unit to ArcticDude so he will give LPF a full detail review of the laser!:thanks:

Last edited:

Extra Fast EMS shipping I hope :D

Gazen

How about the lpm?

Reactions: GSS

BobMc

The first RGB review is coming! We have sent the first unit to ArcticDude so he will give LPF a full detail review of the laser!:thanks:

Excellent! Looking forward to reading the review and seeing some beam shots.