Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sanwu Laser store - RGB handheld lasers, 405nm,445nm,465nm,470nm,505nm,515nm,520nm,525nm,635nm,650nm

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

It's a new multimode 405nm diode, only half the divergence of a typical 1w 445nm diode.

Can you sell me two raw diodes ?

Two multimode 405 diodes inside my orders 2610 and 2614 and I PayPal you for the difference.

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

This is very strange, there is NO 405nm multimode diode around the web... there is no know technical application for such a diode.... bluray require singlemode, display require bright blue, light conversion require 445nm... (can work also @ 405 but lower efficiency)

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter

This is very strange, there is NO 405nm multimode diode around the web... there is no know technical application for such a diode.... bluray require singlemode, display require bright blue, light conversion require 445nm... (can work also @ 405 but lower efficiency)

This: https://rpmclasers.com/wp-content/uploads/products/HL40053MG.pdf

Don't know what it was intended to be used for but it's an interesting diode.

*edit* Maybe these would be good for pumping Pr doped crystals?

Last edited:

I ordered this modern & cheap pocket LPM https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Las...ent/232550192207?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
Even if no wavelength compensation it's good for relative comparison...

Power range: 0 - 10 Watts

Sensor Area: Φ12mm

Spectral Range: 390nm~1024nm

Response Time: 5-15 seconds

Tolerance: ±3%

I would not believe this LPM or its tolerance, whatever they mean by that, at 3%. I have seen these before and they fail miserably at low powers and I can't help but wonder where they got a 10+ watt diode to test. The calibration on these is very suspect.

I would not believe this LPM or its tolerance, whatever they mean by that, at 3%. I have seen these before and they fail miserably at low powers and I can't help but wonder where they got a 10+ watt diode to test. The calibration on these is very suspect.

XM360 did a review on one and it seemed to be pretty accurate. Many people are also pretty happy with it. If it sucks there is an option to send it back.
Its about time for LPMs to become affordable.

XM360's knowledge of lasers and laser related test equipment not withstanding, there is a huge difference between a cheap laser power meter and an inexpensive accurate one. See astralist's thread on the Hyperion LPM. These are about the best value I've seen for an LPM that can actually give an accuracy of 5% across the visible range. I personally own four LPMs with a total of five sensors, so I do have some experience with them.

XM360's knowledge of lasers and laser related test equipment not withstanding, there is a huge difference between a cheap laser power meter and an inexpensive accurate one. See astralist's thread on the Hyperion LPM. These are about the best value I've seen for an LPM that can actually give an accuracy of 5% across the visible range. I personally own four LPMs with a total of five sensors, so I do have some experience with them.

That might be true, but a review including a comparison with laserbee was good enough for me, I don't judge people's laser experience by the number of LPMs they have, and I did my own research.

If anything I'll just try to send it back, maybe I'll even do my own little review on it after a long run with the device, for a chance to show if its worth the risk. :)

I researched Hyperion before, its around $200, that might be inexpensive to some, but not to me. :D

What!? The Hyperion Cuprum is $75.00. There are likely shipping charges, but not that much. Even the Argentum is $150.00. And I know shipping is not $50.00.

The hand held LPM is attractive now that they cleaned it up and the price is attractive as well, also being able to test up to 10 watts is great, but if the accuracy is not reliable then it's no good.

If I buy the Argentum for 150.00 do I get everything that I get from ebay for 200.00 or do I need to buy another head to read 20w ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperion-A...m=162692223778&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Last edited:

No, you get the uncoated sensor for just $150.00. It will read up to 22 watts. When I got mine I bought both the coated and the uncoated sensors. That is why mine cost me so much more. I paid $225.00 for mine all sensors and fast shipping included.

What!? The Hyperion Cuprum is $75.00. There are likely shipping charges, but not that much. Even the Argentum is $150.00. And I know shipping is not $50.00.

Oh what :eek:
I was wrong, well the ebay one is $200, I guess I didn't do enough research :D
Maybe in the future I'll get Cuprum thanks.

hoo7h

Podo, I want a 465nm Challenger full copper but y'all stopped using the good N465 and started using the 07 open can. Open can diodes have reduced life as the diode's elements are exposed to oxidations. Closed cans contain inner gasses to keep the diode safe. Can you use the good N465 again pleaaaaase.

Reactions: GSS

We recommend the 5W 445nm if you want better divergence(a narrower beam), the 5W bue beam looks pretty nice after using our x3 beam expander.
Do you use another diode for this than the NUBM44 one?

Podo, I want a 465nm Challenger full copper but y'all stopped using the good N465 and started using the 07 open can. Open can diodes have reduced life as the diode's elements are exposed to oxidations. Closed cans contain inner gasses to keep the diode safe. Can you use the good N465 again pleaaaaase.

Actually, it isn't oxidation, but carbon deposition that causes the limited life of these decanned diodes.