Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sanwu Laser store - RGB handheld lasers, 405nm,445nm,465nm,470nm,505nm,515nm,520nm,525nm,635nm,650nm

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

The sanwu G7 catches a lot of the light for a long FL lens, likely around 7mm est. at 8mm I think you will be clipping some with the 05, 06, 07, 7a75 the m-140 and 7875 you could help, the nubm44 is just too divergent for an 8mm FL lens in the 12mm module, you will not get all the light in, maybe 70%....maybe.

70% is very pessimistic because all good laser diode have the maximum power concentrated in the center. I do not notice a difference in power between the G2 and my G7 barrel with all diodes (except red and it's almost not visible)
in terms of power it is impossible for it to exceed 20% in loss (I think more like 15%).

I order a LPM to check this:)

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

Hi guys.
I want to buy a 6W blue laser,but I don't know many about divergence and possible beam expander good for the job,so I read some stuff here and there but I don't make any decision to buy.
I for the moment,have a 1.6W blue laser with a 3X Sanwu BE and a G2 lens.
Have I to wait more,or there is something ready to buy,and at what cost?

70% is very pessimistic because all good laser diode have the maximum power concentrated in the center. I do not notice a difference in power between the G2 and my G7 barrel with all diodes (except red and it's almost not visible)
in terms of power it is impossible for it to exceed 20% in loss (I think more like 15%).

I order a LPM to check this:)

I agree with the hot center, but the rapidly diverging axis is very aggressive....I was thinking 30% clipping by volume in the case of the NUBM44 and the 12mm copper module, by power could be 20% as the G7 is 12% , I posted a pic showing where the G7 sits in the 12mm copper module when focused far field, how's the physical location compare with your 8mm FL lens ? How much thinner are your lens barrel's walls ? Can't be all that much in reality. I can speculate all day, do the power test and see. :)

Also I know from DTR's videos that the nubm44 with G2 @ 4.5a puts out 6.8w + and same but with a 3 element puts out 5.5w that's roughly a 20% loss in power. ((( Base on that I can say the G7 has to have less loss, it may hold the 88% or 85% ?? even with the 44's divergence because I can see it's a bit stronger, that's why I use them. The lens you buy may be the same that's in the G7, it's funny how it works out sometimes. )))

Again it's the aggressive divergence, do a power test with the Sanwu G7 and your G7 and post the results, I suspect they won't be much different except the Sanwu G7 is likely at optimum as it was purpose made for our favorite MM diodes at the time when the 7A75 was top shelf, and you will do well to match it because of the raw divergence and your 8mm FL.

With the NDB7875 you have a better chance of matching or possibly exceeding by a small amount, but the only way to know is to test and see. :beer:

Something else that strikes me is how strong the G2 and 6X cyl pair is, also when I get a NUBM06 with a decent focused GBall and use it with a 3X beam expander again I am impressed at how well it burns compared to my G7/3E and 3X beam expander units, this is no doubt because of the efficiency of the GBall lens vs. the clipping of the G7 and 3E lens......the print on the face of the beam expander fits with a 3 element and touches the edges with the G7, I can see there is some clipping of the weaker ends, this is another reason why using a short FL lens and CYL correction is by far the best way.

I recently picked up some 7A75 diodes and run them at 4.0a with a G7 and 3XBE, they give the nubm44 with G7 and 3XBE a very good fight, but cant touch the corrected set up, but that's also a matter of energy concentration at the target as well as the G2's efficiency.

*NOTE: For what it's worth I am not trying to argue or come across as terse, I am curious as to what numbers you get. :D

59567d1522747158-fs-sanwu-laser-store-r-g-b-handhelds-x3-stainless-steel-spiker-release-sany0410.jpg

Last edited:

There is a few sentence hard for me to understand, like the NOTE* hard to read for me even with google translator. I have few trouble to understand when there are allusions to other items in the text. But I like your post and we must have a scientific approach, not a problem.

I give you picture of far field focused on my NUBM44 host.

There is also two picture of clipping with a pure red filter.

The power density at two end of emitting area look very low and for me a non significant loss -> I tested with G2 to do "like a coronagraph", to hide the center and it look like a 100mW light. There is almost no power blocked here...

a.jpg b.jpg clip-a.jpg clip-b.jpg raw-out.jpg

Can you confirm the Sanwu lens give exactly the same divergence as 3E ?
This is the case for my G7. (But I think there is a bit more of loss on mine because the screw can crop a bit of light on input.)

The beam diameter is 5.5mm, it fit all space of my barrel (on the singlemode axis).

I don't buyed the 7A75 because the NUBM44 existed when I ordered my diode collection.

I have the 6X cyl pair but never used at this time because I look for a proper removable cylindrical or rectangular add-on for my hosts, like the Sanwu X3 BE.

I look for a 10x BE with M9 P0.5 compatibility like the X3.

I look for a person who could machine me very simple parts (minimalist threaded cylinder)

Podo

Hi guys.
I want to buy a 6W blue laser,but I don't know many about divergence and possible beam expander good for the job,so I read some stuff here and there but I don't make any decision to buy.
I for the moment,have a 1.6W blue laser with a 3X Sanwu BE and a G2 lens.
Have I to wait more,or there is something ready to buy,and at what cost?

We recommend the 5W 445nm if you want better divergence(a narrower beam), the 5W bue beam looks pretty nice after using our x3 beam expander.

The light loss inside the raw copper module measure 5 turns and 6 turns (countable on red pictures)
When my NUBM44 module is focused to far field, I must rotate a bit more than 5 turn to remove the lens assembly.

*Now we know the light loss is very near the thickness of the clamping ring (bigger than your Sanwu barrel pictures) + the thickness of this part of the barrel (very thin).*

Podo How you do 1.6 watt on 405nm ?!?! the 16x bluray do like 900mW. if there is two singlemode with PBS I order one lol.
Are you sure this is not a mistake with 445nm ?
I like the Guardian smooth !

Last edited:

Here's the result, half of them is at good range(488~489nm) with one exception being as 486nm.
View attachment 59607

We will send out lasers within 488~489nm range for orders received in these four days(only one day left) so grab one right now! :eg:
www.sanwulasers.org/product/pocket

Will you be sending out the test results to those who bought the 488~489nm lasers? I kinda want to know what nm exactly my Guardian will be. :thanks:
I know I should have asked this in the notes when ordering but it just came to mind right now.

Last edited:

For use with the NDB7875 and possibly ndb7A75 we could cut the threaded end off a 12mm copper module and place it forward of another module with the diode pressed inside, both placed end to end inside a 12mm heatsink hole, then we could use this lens> https://www.amazon.com/Laser-Collim...=1522874170&sr=8-16&keywords=laser+diode+lens

Last edited:

For use with the NDB7875 and possibly ndb7A75 we could cut the threaded end off a 12mm copper module and place it forward of another module with the diode pressed inside, both placed end to end inside a 12mm heatsink hole, then we could use this lens> https://www.amazon.com/Laser-Collim...=1522874170&sr=8-16&keywords=laser+diode+lens

why ?

This lens is near like mine https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Broa...m-aspherical-collimator-lens/32707079178.html

8mm -> 9.85 (1.85mm longer focal)
6.3 -> 6.35 (near same size)

That's 6.3mm focal length.....I thought you were using an 8mm focal length.

6.3mm FL is good, your spot may be a little bigger than the G7 but you wont clip very much.

Last edited:

According to the diagrams 6.35 is diameter and EFL:9.85mm / BFL 8.36

I will experiment and you should compare and take LPM power reading, that will answer. :)

Last edited:

I ordered this modern & cheap pocket LPM https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Las...ent/232550192207?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
Even if no wavelength compensation it's good for relative comparison...

Power range: 0 - 10 Watts

Sensor Area: Φ12mm

Spectral Range: 390nm~1024nm

Response Time: 5-15 seconds

Tolerance: ±3%
Ironically I just also ordered an LPM from Laserpointerstore and it cost me $73.

Podo

Podo How you do 1.6 watt on 405nm ?!?! the 16x bluray do like 900mW. if there is two singlemode with PBS I order one lol.
Are you sure this is not a mistake with 445nm ?
I like the Guardian smooth !

It's a new multimode 405nm diode, only half the divergence of a typical 1w 445nm diode.