Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Sanwu Challenger 405nm

The time has come for me to part with some of my collection. They are currently doing nothing but collecting dust and holding my desk down so I decided it is time to let some of them find a new home. That and I need to do some preventative maintenance on that car in my profile picture.

The two I am starting this with are my Sanwu Challenger 405nm and Dragonlasers Spartan 638nm shown below.

0925172119_1_resized.jpg

Original Resolution Image

I would prefer to keep these in the US due to shipping costs however I am not against shipping out of country so long as the buyer covers the additional shipping and accepts responsibility if customs intervenes.
Both lasers are in great condition and have never been abused or dropped. There is a very slight chip in the paint on the spartan as can be seen behind the flat portion of the head in the images linked above. I even still have the screw in aperture cap which tends to get lost.

I paid $150+shipping for the Sanwu Challenger 405nm which is outputting 635mW for the duration of it's duty cycle and then drops in power as the driver protection kicks in. The lens in it is a G7 lens and it has the single power mode driver.
Power requirement is 1x14500 battery which I will include.
I would like to get $90 SHIPPED CONUS for this one.
SOLD

I can also include a pair of no name goggles with this laser if needed but it may raise shipping to $13.60 due to the size of the USPS flat rate boxes.

Beam expander sold.

I paid $89+shipping for the Dragonlasers Spartan 637nm which now outputs 200mW.
Original output on this unit was 107mW as I received it from Dragonlasers and has since been adjusted to output 200mW.
SOLD.

Feel free to make offers on or ask questions about any of the lasers in my signature with the exception of the Laserglow units, and my 477nm streamlight unit. The worst I can do it say no ;)

Last edited:

BobMc

Re: Sanwu Challenger 405nm and Dragonlasers Spartan 638nm

Best wishes with your sale. Think the extra 15.00 for the 3x is a "steal of a deal". Hope they fine good homes. :)

Last edited:

Best of luck on the sale Brad! :yh:

-Alex

Reactions: GSS

Best wishes with your sale. Think the extra 15.00 for the 3x is a steal of a deal. Hope they fine good homes. :)
I got it used for only a little more so I felt that price was fair.

Best of luck on the sale Brad! :yh:

-Alex

Thanks. Best of luck on yours aswell.

Just an update, if it doesn't go with the challenger 405nm by Friday, the beam expander is claimed.

Last edited:

Did a little bit of math and it resulted in a slight price drop on both units listed in the OP.
Now asking $100+shipping for the challenger 405nm and $60+shipping for the Spartan 635nm. I want these gone before I pull a Hap and change my mind. (I'm just kidding Hap :beer:) Car needs some work done and need the funds to do so, otherwise I would not be listing these.

:bumpit:

Pricing changed. I will cover shipping within the CONUS.
Also, I am open to offers, just don't expect me to give them away.
No beams shots, sorry guys, camera won't do it.

Last edited:
Re: FS: Sanwu Challenger 405nm and Dragonlasers Spartan 638nm

I would love to have that dragon lasers but my bank says sorry :(. How was the DL adjusted? If you don't mind me asking, Just curious :D

If you unscrew the front on these units, there is a brass retaining ring that can be removed to slide the entire module out. Past that, it was tiny adjustments at a time to get 200mW and then putting it all back together.
And I feel you on funds not being available. I'm having to do 100k mile maintenance on my car.

Beam expander sold. OP updated to reflect this.

Last edited:

If you unscrew the front on these units, there is a brass retaining ring that can be removed to slide the entire module out. Past that, it was tiny adjustments at a time to get 200mW and then putting it all back together.
And I feel you on funds not being available. I'm having to do 100k mile maintenance on my car.

Beam expander sold. OP updated to reflect this.

Now that is cool! I had no idea the Spartan could do that. 100K miles on the Z? Well it is a Nissan, so it's probably good for 100k miles more than my Mustang lol

Now that is cool! I had no idea the Spartan could do that. 100K miles on the Z? Well it is a Nissan, so it's probably good for 100k miles more than my Mustang lol
Yep, it also iirc has a red indicator LED on one of the boards in it despite no way to see it.

As for milage, i'm actually at ~112k. The engines were built to last for 200k. Usually by 160k or sooner they get rebuilt though. Usually to hold a lot more power with FI.
I have been slacking a little on maintenance due to lack of funds and need to get it done before I shorten the lifespan of the car any more than the previous owner did.
Gotta do stuff like replace spark plugs, probably coil packs, diff fluid, and belts on it. Starting to feel a little hesitation when accelerating where the spark plugs are toast. That and I have do an oil change. She is starting to become a money pit right now hence this FS thread. But yeah, treat a decent nissan right and they go for quite a while. Just have to expect the darn alternators to go out right at 140k miles for some reason. :crackup:

Final price drop. Going any lower on these would be like giving them away.
Also, I am still open to offers on my pocket 660, and my 305mW 473nm labby even. I can provide pictures and power graphs upon request.

Last edited:

LPF is like that, unless highly sought after you can wait a long time, or keep dropping your price too far. I'd just hold your price and wait, also list on ebay if you don't mind taking the risk someone might buy it who might harm themselves with it. Some members here won't sell completed working lasers to individuals who are not proven with pointers to handle them safely. Chinese can sell laser pointers without a problem, how is anyone going to sue them if blinded by the device? US sellers not so buffered from such.

Again, unless there is a need to sell it to get cash for something, I wouldn't keep dropping your price. Once folk see you doing that, they will expect it to keep dropping and wait.

Last edited:

LPF is like that, unless highly sought after you can wait a long time, or keep dropping your price too far. I'd just hold your price and wait, also list on ebay if you don't mind taking the risk someone might buy it who might harm themselves with it. Some members here won't sell completed working lasers to individuals who are not proven with pointers to handle them safely. Chinese can sell laser pointers without a problem, how is anyone going to sue them if blinded by the device? US sellers not so buffered from such.

Again, unless there is a need to sell it to get cash for something, I wouldn't keep dropping your price. Once folk see you doing that, they will expect it to keep dropping and wait.

Sadly, I do need the money. Won't go any lower though as it is merely a difference of doing maintenance now vs in a month. And ebay is a nope. I highly dislike that platform as a seller. That and it seems most reputable members on here can be trusted to not do something stupid with a class IV 405nm handheld while the same cannot be said for ebay buyers.

If these lasers don't sell at this price, I will simply keep them.

I also trust members here to be safe, unless a complete noob.

Just concerned with liability in our litigious society if sold on ebay which is a no go for you anyway. I think there is room for competition in the market where the public is allowed to leave comment online others can vote on and or add to. Maybe that might help keep sellers more honest with the aim of honest solid sales instead of earning the most for ebay.

Won't go any lower

I don't blame CynicalBrad. I just popped in to check on progress only to find your selling the 637 Spartan for only $55! That's already far too low for such a laser IMHO. :whistle:

Best of luck! :beer:

-Alex