Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Pocket Mini Build Kit! - Easy Assembly!

jayrob

Would i be able to use a njg-18 driver with this kit? I want to be able to run a 445 diode at around 1.3 A. I'm just wondering if it would fit. According to dealextreme it has a diameter of 0.67 in or 17.06 mm. 3W 19-Mode Universal Regulated Circuit Board for Flashlights - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Would DTR's njg-18 driver/diode combo for the sipik host work on this kit?

I believe the stock driver is 17mm yes, and if you tried for the current, then you would obviously need an IMR battery, and have a short run time between charges...

Does that driver accept an input voltage of 4.2?

jayrob

What exactly is the direct press heatsink option?

It's a custom heatsink that takes the place of the AixiZ module...

press%20fit%20heatsink%20design.jpg

You press your diode directly into the back of the heatsink, which is also threaded to accept an AixiZ lens...

I've a new mini, and am very very happy with it! I'm using a lpc-815 diode which I'm conservatively running at 200mA (~100 mW output). Copper heatsink and glass lens option. Lots of thermal glue. Hoping for a long life. It's plenty bright.

Extracting the diode from the sled was more difficult than the build, which was easy (hot option).

Perfect weight, feels good in hand.

mini_1.jpg

mini_2.jpg

Last edited:

jayrob

I've a new mini, and am very happy with it! I'm using a lpc-815 diode which I'm conservatively running at 200mA (~100 mW output). Copper heatsink and glass lens option. Lots of thermal glue. Hoping for a long life. It's plenty bright.

Extracting the diode from the sled was more difficult than the build, which was easy (hot option).

Perfect weight, feels good in hand!

mini_1.jpg

mini_2.jpg

Nice...

At that current, it will probably never die! :beer:

Last edited: