Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

FS: Pocket Mini Build Kit! - Easy Assembly!

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Would i be able to use a njg-18 driver with this kit? I want to be able to run a 445 diode at around 1.3 A. I'm just wondering if it would fit. According to dealextreme it has a diameter of 0.67 in or 17.06 mm. 3W 19-Mode Universal Regulated Circuit Board for Flashlights - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Would DTR's njg-18 driver/diode combo for the sipik host work on this kit?
I believe the stock driver is 17mm yes, and if you tried for the current, then you would obviously need an IMR battery, and have a short run time between charges...

Does that driver accept an input voltage of 4.2?

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
What exactly is the direct press heatsink option?
It's a custom heatsink that takes the place of the AixiZ module...

You press your diode directly into the back of the heatsink, which is also threaded to accept an AixiZ lens...

flogged

I've a new mini, and am very very happy with it! I'm using a lpc-815 diode which I'm conservatively running at 200mA (~100 mW output). Copper heatsink and glass lens option. Lots of thermal glue. Hoping for a long life. It's plenty bright.

Extracting the diode from the sled was more difficult than the build, which was easy (hot option).

Perfect weight, feels good in hand.

Last edited:

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
I've a new mini, and am very happy with it! I'm using a lpc-815 diode which I'm conservatively running at 200mA (~100 mW output). Copper heatsink and glass lens option. Lots of thermal glue. Hoping for a long life. It's plenty bright.

Extracting the diode from the sled was more difficult than the build, which was easy (hot option).

Perfect weight, feels good in hand!

Nice...

At that current, it will probably never die! :beer:

Last edited:

Spyro

Do you sell heatsink separetly?If so how much is it?

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Sure... I'll send a PM.

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
hey jayrob, any chance on a order status update?
Good timing...

I'll send you a PM with the tracking number by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Thanks for your patience! :beer: