Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Pailide Laser Kit

if he sells you everything together it might sound like its a complete laser to some people and might be illegal, I'm not sure either xD, But yeah, I bought my own Module and PHR-803T and I'm going to have it run at 120 mA, Its all what you want, you pick the diode and the current, etc.

Shipping updated.
If yours was just marked as shipped, it means it is completed, packaged, and ready to be dropped in the mail....i will drop them off tonight so they will be sent off with the first pick-up on mon. morning, so people will start recieving their kits on tues. (should be wed. at the latest).

when you get your kit, be sure to either look on the sticker on the bottom of the gift box, or on the side of the foam cut-out where the host is stored to find the current that kit is set at....
"just in case" someone got the wrong current.

everything was shipped off yesterday morning. check your e-mails or paypal accounts for tracking #'s

what charger should you use to charge the battery can you post a link of where to get it thanks
Justin

you can get a charger from dealextreme.com, or if you want one faster for a little more money you can buy it from drew at modwerx.com

Got it today, looks good. I'm going to start making a video of this pretty soon here.

iknitsteel- If for some reason modwerx doesn't have the charger, you can get the multifunctional charger from hightechdealz.com .

Thanks so just to clarify you cant use a normal AA charger on these batteries?
No you can't, these batteries are AA sized but really are 3.6v lithium batteries. They need a charger meant for this type of battery.

I have had a bunch of problems so far...I thought the Aixiz module would slide into the heatsink but it took a vise to get it in, it was pretty much a press fit.

Also, I soldered everything up and the module itself runs great, but I can't get it to work inside the flashlight...I don't think the switch is faulty or anything but I have to be missing something, anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

did you look at the tutorial that Mohrenberg has put up to me it looks simple but I haven't actually held it yet its at home and Im in school until 9 so..

yeah i ran into this problem last night.....
it seems (as far as i can figure)
that the black plastic spacer is not the same size as the original i brought in to the machinist for sizing of the heatsinks.

when i put one together last night i noticed the heatsink wasn't pressed all the way up against the top of the head of the host...which means that the blank pcb isn't being forced against the top of the handle....since the heatsink + black plastic spacer were suppose to be long enough to fill the entire head and force contact with the blank pcb and the top of the handle....

i'm on my way to the hardware store to find a spacer to be placed between the heatsink and the black capsule so that proper contact will be made with the pcb and the hand of the host...

i'll send off a spacer to everyone whos gotten a kit thus far, and i think from now on i'm going to have to bring each batch of flashlights into the machinist to make sure they are the right length.

if you want a really quick fix, you can add solder to the blank pcb to "build it up", otherwise hold tight.

ok, lucked out. turned out a 3/8 inch flat steel washer works GREAT to fix this gap.
you just insert it between the heatsink and the black capsule that contains the driver.

so your LD and GD wires for the diode run through the center of it.

i'm mailing one off to everyone whos gotten a kit so far, if you want to get it now, i found mine at the local hardware store for 12 cents, it seems to be almost the exact same diameter of the inside of the head and should fix this problem....

of course if this makes anyone unsatisfied with the kit, i'm always happy to refund your purchase.

sorry for the problem....1st gen. always has bugs.

I just got mine and there is a space because I could shake it and hear the heat sink moving so I just put like 4 drops od solder around the ring of the PCB and put it back together and the heatsink didnt shake any more so it looks like I took up the space. But when I put it back together I didnt know I had the switch on and there isent a LD in it can having a flex drive on with out a loak damage it? And is 180mA to much for a LOC red LD? Thanks,
Justin

"isent" thats a first for me..

But yes ive read that without a load on the flexdrive it could damage it..

I was in a rush when I typed that and who has the first working kit? What now!!! lol JK But this thing is awesome I might want one more

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 72