Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: P19 Focusing Head 18650 kit! - Very Nice Host!

jayrob

Here's a very nice focusing head host, similar to my X2000 Focusing Head 18650 kit for only $2 bucks more...

Great for a 445 build! Or red, or blu-ray...

The host fits an 18650 battery, and has a very smooth turning, rotating head that will turn to adjust focus! :cool: There is an o-ring at the top edge of the pill (see pictures) that makes for a very nice fitting rotating head...

Here's the host:
DealExtreme: $12.90 EDI-T P19 Cree Q3-WC 160-Lumen Convex Lens LED Flashlight - Black (1*18650)

P19%201.jpg

For a 445 build, you can get your diode pre-installed into an AixiZ module with lead wires soldered on from daguin or DTR.

In that case, you will just connect your diode leads, to my driver leads... ('Hot' option kit)

This FS thread, is a 'picture tutorial' of the assembly...

The head turns nice and smooth because there is not only a spring tension 'clip' between the rotating head and the barrel, but there is also an o-ring on the pill, that fits into the head.

The head of the host slides onto the barrel of the host. That is why it can be used this way...

When the front retaining ring 'clamps' the focusing adapter, solid to the head. Then the head becomes the focus adapter. And as you turn it, it can slide on the host as needed. There is a clip spring between the head the the host. As well as an o-ring on the pill. With these two 'guides', along with the threaded lens, it becomes a very solid feeling build. Very nice focusing head design...

P19%202.jpg

Heatsink and driver cavity:

P19%203.jpg

P19%204.jpg

Focusing adapter and lens:

The focusing adapter with lens gets installed last. Just thread it in place, and then put the head of the host on. Which holds the focusing adapter to the rotating part of the head.

P19%205.jpg

'Hot' option:

With a 'Hot' option kit, the heatsink will be glued in place using thermal adhesive, and the driver will be installed with current set. (just let me know what current) There will be lead wires out the front of the heatsink ready for your diode...

P19%206.jpg

The basic kit will include:

* Host
* Aluminum heatsink
* Custom focus adapter fit for what ever lens you will be using

(with the basic kit, you will be removing the stock driver components, gluing the heatsink into the pill, installing your own driver, etc...)

There are a few options to consider... Also lens options depending on what diode you will be using...

* P19 Focusing Head 18650 Basic kit - $67 (host/heatsink/custom focusing adapter)
* Copper heatsink upgrade - $12
* 'Hot' option - $48 (let me know what current setting)
* AixiZ module - $5
* AixiZ 445 lens - $11
* 405-G-1 glass lens - $55
* 650-G-1 glass lens - $52
* Shipping will be 3% of total plus postage (PM for total)
* Shipping Policy

Hope you like it! :)

Last edited:

DTR

Man another great looking kit. Nice work Jay.

These focusing head units are awesome. No more burnt fingers.:beer:

jayrob

Thanks!

This host is a lot nicer that my X2000 kit...

Notice the o-ring on the pill. (see pictures - first post) It fits into the rotating head to make a really smooth fit for the Focusable turning head...

P.S. This first kit shown in the thread is available with no waiting! (because it is already built and ready to ship)

jayrob

Well this first one is ready to ship... (to who ever buys it first)

But after that one is sold, then unfortunately I have to ask buyers to wait.

I'm about a month back logged with kit orders.

I really need to some how get caught up. Because I'm losing customers by being so backed up.

I would like to get to where I can ship relatively fast like I used to be able to do. (before the 445 diode days)

Last edited:

ped

Ok well ive PM'd you , im officially putting my claim on this one :) .

jayrob

Glad you like it Traveller! :cool:

When you feel how nice the focusing head turns with that 'o-ring in the pill' design, you will be very pleased with this kit!

ped, I'm shipping your kit tomorrow...

Please post back with your comments! :)

Last edited:

jayrob

Same battery for the builds, but this host is a little larger... (thicker and more masseve) Heatsink as well...

ped

Jay,

kit recieved and looking good!

Will get it built up and do a review.

Thanks mate :)

EDIt

No LED (the one removed from the host)

But never mind :)

Last edited: