Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: ML Argon Laser Aus

Things

Hey guys, well, I need to get rid of some crap, I've just got too much stuff to lug around :(

I got this argon head and PSU off Dave some time ago, and it's a very high hour tube. As such, it can be a bit temperamental in starting, but I have managed to get it to start after a couple attempts most of the time.

It's a ML argon, and if I had to guess, is probably outputting around 10-20mW or so at max current. It idles with around 2 lines, and jumps up to 8 at full current:

DSCF5052.jpg

It's a box style unit, and you'll need to supply your own high flow fan.

DSCF5069.jpg

The head has been custom modified by me, by converting the original Uniphase ignitor board for the PSU I'm using to fit into the head. The head originally had it's own ignitor, but it didn't work well with the PSU. They are not matching laser and PSU, however I've re-wired it to be a plug and play system :)

DSCF5042.jpg

It's a good little unit, but like I said, sometimes it can be a bit reluctant to start due to it's high hours, but it should still have a bit of life in it yet for a loving owner. I live in Cairns so it's use as a heater isn't really a desire, and it's just taking up space.

I'll also include a little controller box with a fire and power adjust knob.

I'd like to make back what I paid on shipping for it from the US, however even shipping it within Aus is pretty spendy. I'd be looking at around $250AUD shipped within Aus, but shoot me an offer :)

Dan

Things

Uh, if you didn't mind the $250 shipping, could probably work something out :p (And I'm not even kidding about that shipping price .. :( )

ARG

Best to leave it in Aus, you US folk get the big lasers for almost nothing :p

Costs around the same to have something shipped from the USA to Canada as it is USA to Aus, and we're in the same continent.
Always wanted an Argon.

Good luck with the sale :D

daguin

Try contacting member "vk2fro"

He wants one, but can't seem to come up with the cash for shipping

Peace,
dave