Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: MagLite LED Upgrade Kit - Color Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

scion

NICE setup man! I see you've used FML's idea, great job :D!

Nice work on these, keep it up :)

Yea! lol. Its an awesome idea! All props go to him!
Excellent idea and really helps me keep track of the LEDs, a ziplock baggy gets annoying after a while lol.

Hey, looks great. I just sent you your money. Sorry about the wait, I've been busy with school and kinda forgot :-/

Got mine a couple days ago. Works great. The LED is much easier to swap out than I thought. Just wondering, what kind of batteries does this thing take?

Just so you [potential buyers] know: the blue LED seems a bit brighter than the white. Just take that into consideration when you are picking colors.

scion

yes tge blue seems lot brighter I'm not sure if it just has something to do with how our eyes see colors? But I prefer blue!

yes tge blue seems lot brighter I'm not sure if it just has something to do with how our eyes see colors? But I prefer blue!

It's great that the kit is already selling ;)!

Regarding colour, white should be brighter than blue. The fact that blue seems brighter could mean that:

1. The LED has a lower dispersion angle.
2. The LED is consuming more current (in my experience blue LEDs take more current than red ones so that could be the reason for this).

scion

It's great that the kit is already selling ;)!

Regarding colour, white should be brighter than blue. The fact that blue seems brighter could mean that:

1. The LED has a lower dispersion angle.
2. The LED is consuming more current (in my experience blue LEDs take more current than red ones so that could be the reason for this).

Yes, I'm not sure but to me the blue seems brightest and red seems dull too but they are all 15,000mcd LEDs i would have imagined same brightness.. lol..

Only sold a few kits so far, i might try selling some on ebay, I'm going to use the some remaining LEDs to build a big flashlight lol.

ZRTMWA

Look what you can do with it guys:

original_maglite_18_1_420x297_eng_carlos.jpg.jpeg

Except it would be colored light!!!! That should increase sales.

i would like one kit with with white led and an extra battery pack and extra blue led pm me with your paypal info and ill get you paid

Oh crap.

This is so unfair. Did you not see my sig line? Don't you realize this is like offering a beer to an alcoholic?
Just last week I was arrested for FWD (flashing while driving), although that wasn't related to flashlights.:eek:

And I was doing so much better. (sigh)

I have a solitaire already (and most other Maglites, too), so send me a basic kit with a blue and an extra white led. Where should I paypal the $6.00?

Seriously, great work.:yh:

But you're still a pusher.:evil:

Joe B.

This may be a silly or redundant question, buy why not keep the original aaa battery? It seems like it'd be easier to replace while traveling or in a pinch. Also, let me know if you're still selling the kits, I'd be interested in a white one (especially if I can still use a aaa battery).

Cool project!

Hei nice upgrades, hit me up a red flashlight w/ a white LED and the extra LED blue plz. send me a private message w/ you contact info for paypal and i will send the $12. thanks...

Hey, just stumbled on this (old) thread. Scion, do you still send these out? If you are, I'd probably get a couple. Post back or PM me if you're still up for it!

HI,

Do you still have Maglite Solitaire with LED for sale? Please let me know

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.