Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Laserglow Rigel-2 (593.5nm Yellow, < 5 mW)

I'm really not impressed by how zlancerman dicked me around on this purchase. Offering, retracting (without saying so), accepting my offer if a sale hadn't occurred by last Friday. Then last Friday came and went, and no follow-through on his acceptance.

Your frustration is understandable. Obviously the key to successful online transactions is communication, which with you, I admit was less than desirable. In my own frustration of a lack of interest in the laser, I was reluctant to sell the laser at a 24% loss, which is what would have happened had I sold it to you as I indicated I would. Had I received no further interest or offers, I would have been left with no choice. That said, I did have two parties interested in the laser and it became a matter of timing. Certainly I should have contacted you to indicate my change in intentions, as I needed to get as much for the laser as possible to minimize my losses. In the end, Jake offered the most and it's for his birthday no less! My total loss was reduced to 17%, which still doesn't make my wife happy, but she'll get over it. I've tried to convince her what was my "rental" fee. :whistle:

Bottom line, I apologize rhd, for the lack of communication and consideration and not following through with what I said I would. I will be sure to give the next person more respect than I showed you. I wish you well and good luck in your pursuit of your lasers.

Jake, enjoy the Rigel 2. I know I did for the short while I had it and hopefully someday will be able to get another one, perhaps when the price has come down a bit more.

I'm really not impressed by how zlancerman dicked me around on this purchase. Offering, retracting (without saying so), accepting my offer if a sale hadn't occurred by last Friday. Then last Friday came and went, and no follow-through on his acceptance.

At the same time, I'm really happy that you ended up with this Jake. So that mitigates my disappointment somewhat :)

RHD, it isn't zlancerman's fault. I feel guilty because i made him a good offer he couldn't resist and the next Day i got some private problems and i wasn't able to contact him in a useful time. I have to apologize to both of you.

Looking like Jake is a full fledged wavelength jockey- having to sell his LPM in order to get both the yellow and his new PL-D 532/250-JETLASER which is on the way. Thanks Jacob for the super quick payment. I can vouch 100% for you.
BTW nice post by the OP about how things went down. Every post and PM are time stamped but still keeping ontop of all offers can be confusing.

Instead of PMing my offer once I sent a offer on the thread and a note that a PM is coming asap- meanwhile another PMed his offer just a two minutes before mine- He was technically first so I had no complaint, but did learn a valuable lesson.

hak

Last edited:

jakeGT

Yep, the Rigel is a birthday present to me from someone else, I had a reckless driving to pay and then had to sell my LPM plus a bunch more. But now I am very, very happy.

rhd

Oh hey Hak,

Just to be 100 million percent clear - I wasn't in any way shape or form imaginable complaining about Jake :)

I'd vouch for him too!

Oh hey Hak,

Just to be 100 million percent clear - I wasn't in any way shape or form imaginable complaining about Jake :)

I'd vouch for him too!

Never did I think for a second that you had a beef with Jake--
I vouch for you --Jake and especially that super great guy hakzaw!!!
rotfl-- can we all have a group hug now??!!

btw I came home from SELEM with my first yellow- a CoHerant 4mW HeNe - lots can say they bought a laser from the Good Doctor LaserSam but few can say the handed him the cash in person. What an amazing, humble and friendly guy Sam is. I was wanting to meet him for many years and actually shared a suite with Sam and Docjohn and John's grandson Conner at SELEM this year. He was impressed with all the passion we all have for lasers too. He said he was delighted to meet many that he had been in contact via emails over the years.

hak

jakeGT

That's cool^
I will be at the next selem. Maybe Kentucky would be a good place to have a lem if anybody would come! It could be a handheld enthusiasts meetup hosting scanner enthusiasts

They are easier to host than I thought- I held one last year in Nov. all you need is a place ( i found a $150 per weekend big warehouse)some friends who like music and lasers and a friend or two with a projector- some foggers and a big ass stereo and you have a great LEM.. remember to disable any smoke detectors and call the FD to let them know you will be 'testing the alarms' often over the weekend- give them your cell #.

I did signed liability waivers from all at mine just like SELEM had.

I recommend hiring an off-duty cop if you go big--well worth the $$. KYLEM--has a nice ring to it.
dont tell them you are having a party--

hak

Kentucky sounds like a great idea. I might even show up for that. At least it's close enough to me. :)

jakeGT

Awesome^^ maybe next summer, we can have a get together,

Just wanted to bump and update: I got the laser today, it is in perfect condition and perfect working order. zlancerman shipped within hours of payment, and it was packaged incredibly. Thanks for the awesome, 110% flawless transaction, and the flawless laser!!!! Thanks zlancerman!