Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Key Chain CR2 Build Kit! - SCHWEET!

jayrob

rpaloalto, I am sending your Key Chain CR2 kit, Micro Chrome kit, and other items today. (Monday)

Thanks!

Received the host today. That was fast, next day delivery is nice:)

This is a very small host. I ordered the version 2 heatsink.
For the positive input, to the diode. I just used a small piece of wire warped through the + hole on the flex drive. Then just let it soak up a small dab of solder. Followed by a quick once over with a small file to give it a flatter surface.
Even with this small contact, I still had to trim the spring in the tailcap.
If you still need extra room you can also move your aixiz module up a few mm. I was able to sink my aixiz module all the way down flush with the heatsink. I guess it does help to have the shortest sized cr2 you can get.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 873
  • ert.jpg
    ert.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 339

jayrob

Nice job! :gj:

Thanks for posting pictures of your 'style 2' build! :cool:

Yes, there is barely enough room with style 2, and you must use the 3.7 volt RCR2 from lighthound.com:
RCR2 Unprotected Rechargeable Lithium Battery (shortest one I have found)

You know those boxes that the cheap pointers come in? That 'hard' foam inside the box (cut out for the pointer) is a good material to use to put into the heatsink on each side of the driver for side to side support.

Just cut with scissors!

Last edited:

jayrob

timon, I sent your Key Chain CR2 (style 2) kit with EzFocus adapter and other items today. (Wednesday)

Hope you like it!

can it fit a rayfoss driver with th 2nd style(soldered directly to pins)?the rayfoss is 8mm longer than the flexdrive.whats the overall length of the flashlight?

jayrob

The overall length of the host is about 68mm's...

But as for your question about the Ray Foss driver fitting with the 'style 2' build. If it is 8mm's longer than the Flexdrive, then it would be too long by 8mm's...

The FlexDrive barely fits with the shortest RCR2 batteries from lighthound.com

KCR221.jpg

jayrob

I like them a lot so I bought a bunch of them. I think I have like 25 left, so I should have them for a while...

The place that I found them at only had 70, I bought 20, then later I bought 20 more.

I don't think they will be available after he runs out of his stock though...

jayrob

pianoman2011, your Key Chain CR2 style 1 kit is coming your way. (Tuesday)

Hope you like it!

D

Deleted member 16589

Re: FS: Key Chain CR2 Kit! - SCHWEET!

wow you have lots of lasers
nice work on the pocket mini's

is that a RGB laser in this picture

Last edited by a moderator:

jayrob

Slipstream, I am sending your Key Chain CR2 (style 1) kit and other items today. (Friday)

Hope you like it!

EDIT: Yay 400th post!
Here's my 505mW 12x Keychain! This picture doesn't show any of the beautiful craftsmanship and detail of the host, but it gives a feeling of how small yet how powerful it is! I love this kit... definitely my favorite host so far. And the EzFocus Adapter matches PERFECTLY, well worth the extra money... If you buy this kit, get the EzFocus adapter with it! Keep up the great work Jay!

LASER.jpg

-Jakob

Last edited:

jayrob

Nice beam shot man...

From the owner of the smallest class 4 laser with a regulated driver... :cool:

One thing I should mention about the design of the EzFocus adapter... It is measured to fit using my 405-G-1 glass lens modification...

Most builds have some room for adjustment by moving the position of the module inside the heatsink. But this little build does not offer much movement of the module position...

Thanks for posting! :)