Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: High power IR diodes - tested, pressed into modules, leads soldered.

I was looking at #2 and #13. Perhaps if HaloBlu is willing to share one of the High IR I'll take #12 or #13
@HaloBlu they are both yours if you like of course, you called them first:beer:

rhd

v3itzn.jpg

looks like my posh goggles wont do. damn haha

Ped- yours would work for the 825nm diodes. Yours cover 800-2000nm :)

I was looking at #2 and #13. Perhaps if HaloBlu is willing to share one of the High IR I'll take #12 or #13
@HaloBlu they are both yours if you like of course, you called them first:beer:

Hmmm, so HaloBlu called it first in the thread, but 532 PM'd me first. I'm not sure how to approach this fairly... other than to suggest that as 532 has requested, lets share the order of high-IRs between you. Cool?

Also, Halo - shipping is just a flat rate one-time cost. That single shipping fee should cover a couple diodes plus a MOD9 etc, no problem.

Hmmm, so HaloBlu called it first in the thread, but 532 PM'd me first. I'm not sure how to approach this fairly... other than to suggest that as 532 has requested, lets share the order of high-IRs between you. Cool?

So I will wait for the okay from HaloBlu, I think it's only fair as he posted first. If he is willing to split the high IR I'll take #2 & 13.:beer:

RHD...+1 for putting these out there to the community.:thanks:

Last edited:
Well if Chefla is out on #4

I'll take #4 and #13, I'll get your payment out tomorrow morning. :sold:

rhd

@532: Payment received!

@HaloBlu: Are you still interested in #12, or should I make that available again?

rhd

Sounds good.

Shoot me another PM after the paypal payment is sent. For some reason, paypal payment notification emails have been coming to me many many hours after payments are sent.

rhd

FYI - all paid for diodes have shipped. (both last week, and today, depending on when payment was received)

Hey RHD. I know Canada Post was down for a while, is that why I have yet to receive my diode? I figure the post was backed up, so it is taking longer to get here. Not doubting your honesty (I know you do great work here), but asking out of curiosity - used to North American things getting here a bit quicker, ya know?

Also, on another note: What's the pinout on these things? The last thing I want to do is kill it by using the wrong pinout!

rhd

Hey RHD. I know Canada Post was down for a while, is that why I have yet to receive my diode? I figure the post was backed up, so it is taking longer to get here. Not doubting your honesty (I know you do great work here), but asking out of curiosity - used to North American things getting here a bit quicker, ya know?

Also, on another note: What's the pinout on these things? The last thing I want to do is kill it by using the wrong pinout!

Hey,

I waited until the strike was over to start this thread, so I'm doubtful that this is the problem here.
Rule of thumb for regular parcel mail is ~5 business days within Canada, ~10 business days to the US, and 4-6 weeks internationally.

The pinout is pretty straight forward. The case pin is positive. Most of these diodes only have two pins, so the non-case-pin is negative.

A rare few have 3 pins, in which case the case pin is still positive, but you have to just look in the can to identify which of the other two pins actually has bond wires on it (or trial + error, you won't cause damage, because the 3rd pin is attached to nothing)

Yeah - just got the parcel tonight! Sorry about that, just real excited to "play" with it (of course, in an entirely safe manner).

rhd

Yeah - just got the parcel tonight! Sorry about that, just real excited to "play" with it (of course, in an entirely safe manner).

Very cool!

Enjoy it, safely, and let me know how you make out :)

Don't overdrive the current either. Run it at what I tested, max. I destroyed a lot of diodes in the process of figuring out what would be safe for these guys.