Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Hi-Power AR Lens Assy- 25-30% Inc. vs. Aixiz

Re: FS: Hi Power AR Lens - 25-30% Increase vs. Aix

So how is the 'splash' with these lenses? Same as Jayrobs?

Leukoplast;

I have not noticed much splash from the 6X UV diodes (See pictures above).

The Red OC's do show a couple of lines in the photo, but I don't see it in person.

The new mounting system has the lens in the original end of the brass Aixiz module.

It opens up the lens more (larger aperture) and gives more power on the Red OC's :

A board member has also agreed to do some comparison testing with Red OC's.

LarryDFW

Edit: Milos reported "splash" on his 6X UV testing.

Last edited:

Just received a new shipment of the hi-power lenses with the AR coating for UV (and Green/Red):
lenstray.jpg

These lenses have the AR coating specific for the 400nm to 600nm diodes,
but you see only a slight amber coloration in the photo.

Also have the new NC machined brass lens assemblies ready to go with new larger clear apertures.

LarryDFW

Last edited:

Just finished a assembly run of the hi-power lenses with the AR coating for UV and Red.
The lens is in the original position in the lens asembly.

lensnut.jpg

These brass lens assemblies have the metal retaining ring for those of you still using the shortened Aixiz spring. I do think the spring scrapes metal from the module, which ends up on the lens.

I prefer NO spring with the Teflon tape, to take up the slack in the lens nut.

It has a larger clear aperture for optimizing the power.

LarryDFW

Last edited:

LarryDFW said:
Leukoplast;

I have not noticed much splash from the UV diodes (See pictures above).

The Red OC's do show a coupleof lines in the photo, but I don't see it in person.

The new mounting system has the lens in the original end of the brass Aixiz module.

It opens up the lens more (larger aperture) and seems to give me more power on the reds:
hipowerlens.jpg

A board member has also agreed to do some comparison testing with UV & Red OC's.

LarryDFW

Nice, I like the sound of that. Now there is no noticeable splash around the dot like Jayrobs lenses? cause the splash from his was just way too much for me, I can handle the splash that the AixiZ acrylic has cause its so far out.

I just want a confirmation on the splash... its a clean dot? (as clean as a AixiZ acrylic?) Cause I will definitely get one of these if that's the case. I just saw the pics above, and it looks pretty good.

Leukoplast;

The lens I utilize is manufactured by the same company as the one Jayrob is using.

The only difference might be the AR coating on the lens.

The coating should not make a significant difference in the "splash''.

I don't see much splash at all on my BR builds, but UV light is perceived differently by different people.

The only way to reduce splash ...
is to use a thin stainless aperture a distance in front of the lens assembly.

LarryDFW

Last edited:

Well, a little tiny bit of splash is ok, the AixiZ acrylics have a little splash near the dot. But the Jayrob lenses has a rather large rectangular box on one side of the dot and a massive line going right through the middle of the dot. To me it looks horrid.

Leukoplast;

You can try one out ...,
and see if it meets your beam profile.

The beam I see looks like the photo I posted above on my PHR803.

Just a slight fast axis elongation.

LarryDFW

Last edited:

Very interesting. But i'm waiting the result VS the meredith glass lens, coz the price are equal for both lens  ;)

Meredith spec :

Lens type: Single element TaC-4 (HOYA)Glass, AR coated.
Focal lenght: .19", 4.6mm.
Numerical aperture: .53

mauswiesel said:
Very interesting. But i'm waiting the result VS the meredith glass lens, coz the price are equal for both lens *;)

Meredith spec : *($63 shipped)

Lens type: Single element TaC-4 (HOYA)Glass, AR coated.
Focal lenght: .19'', 4.6 mm.
Numerical aperture: .53

Hi-Power Spec : *($57 shipped with machined lens housing)

Lens type: Single element Glass, AR coated.
Back Focal lenght: *2.39 mm.
Numerical aperture: .60
AR is speced at a maximum of 0.4% loss

The higher NA should capture more light power.

Thanks;
Larry

Last edited:

jayrob

Just so you guys know, there are new lenses from Meredith. I have tested (and compared) both glass lenses from Meredith...

Meredith: I use the best one for red with my Meredith glass fit for AixiZ mod. Their new 405 coated lens is a broad band coating that is decent for both red and blu-ray. But not as good as the 405-G-1 glass lens for blu-ray, and not as good as their original 'optimized for red' lens that I am using for my Meredith/AixiZ mod for red.

All comparisons are shown in my post a few posts above. ::) *I have even compared AixiZ glass. All comparisons with AixiZ acrylic are with the 'back opened'...
Jay

Last edited:

Milos

Yes, I am looking forward to receiving two units from this thread as well. I have very little time now days, but I will post quick comparison numbers and maybe some pictures if splash is different from Jarob's 405-G-1.

I do not have Jay's Meredith/Aixiz hybrid blend that works best for reds.

i have two Stingrays that output very even and stable output at  330-332mW without any lens. One s ~405nm and other is ~658nm  so test will be done simply by swapping lenses and noting how much power gets through.  

best regards

Just to correct some posted misinformation:
lensnutbr.jpg

Note the flat fully NC machined seat,
that I am mounting the new lens on, has an outer diameter of 0.250 on my dial caliper (close to ideal for mounting a lens with a diameter of 0.249).

I would say that is better than a drilled conical seat in the jayrob mod . :rolleyes:

LarryDFW

Last edited:

jayrob

I would say that is better than a drilled conical seat in the jayrob mod . :rolleyes:

LarryDFW

That's a matter of opinion Larry...
The seat you have circled there in your mount, is where the 'crown' side of the lens is sitting in your assembly.

I am mounting the 'flat' side of the lens on the drilled out 'lip' on my assembly.
The crown side of my lens sits inside my custom spacer/retainer that is only touching the outer mounting 'rim' of the lens that is made for mounting the lens.:fightin:

Glass 405nm21.jpg

NO GLUE in my lens assembly! You won't have to worry about if it is glued in straight, or if the glue will begin to dry out or chip with heat. My lens assembly will last a lifetime. And you just may want to take it apart and clean the lens once a year! ;)

Glass 405nm7.jpg

LarryDFW said:
Just to correct some apparent misinformation:
This machined seat, just below the threads
that I am mounting the new lens on, has a diameter of 0.251 on my dial caliper.
I would say that is close to ideal for mounting a lens with a diameter of 0.250.
::)

LarryDFW

If it was .251, the lens would not sit there, but would slide through...

Glass 405nm19.jpg

The I.D. of the threaded area on the inside of the nut, where the retaining ring was, is .260. The smooth part of the inside of the nut I.D. is .241, unless you are doing some machine work on the nut. The lens O.D. is .247...
Jay

Last edited:

Quote by Jay 'The lens O.D. is .247...'

The lens is actually 0.249 in. .

Larry

Last edited: