Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Hi-Power AR Lens Assy- 25-30% Inc. vs. Aixiz

RA;

Did you try the Hi-Power lens on your 808nm diode ?

Is has the largest aperture possible in an Aixiz lens assembly,
which is a factor with IR bar diodes.

LarryDFW

I thought about this, but >2.0W is a lot to pump through such a small (and expensive) lens, and I wasn't sure if the coatings would be able to handle it (they are for 405-650 right?). I figured 808nm might be too far out of the range. Maybe I'll give it a try on my latest 600mW 808nm burner.
I still have to finish the darn thing anyway, I still have yet to get a mount the diode and optics.
I may have another job for you MISTERWILLING. :D

I killed my 6x in testing so I can't report any comparison to acrylics on that, but I was getting 200mW @ 205mA for all of 5 seconds.

With green (IR filtered), I get a very low loss (120mW avg without lens and output varies between 117and 118mW with lens).
This test was done just by putting the lens in front of an already collimated beam so I cannot report how well it works for collimation and focusing.

Green Lens

Yeah I was trying to see power increase of changing out acrylic lenses with glass lenses on a green pointer but I havn't got anywhere. I am having problems with the IR interference when testing. I got a reading through acrylic lens, then tried removing the lens and getting a reading straight from crystal. The laser coming out of crystal is almost a beam so i tried to get a reading and I was getting a lower one then with the lens'. So i tried moving it closer then i started reading the IR on my meter because it was 100mW reading and it is a 10mW green laser. I just quit after that, I may do more testing this weekend. I am just confused as to why the power was less without a lens, maybe the crystal got moved, lowering the output.

OK after reading every page I have a few questions/statements

1. Ok no spring! Less cleaning right?
2. Larry My friend and I are getting batteries from you
3. We're also getting your best lens and i guess housing
4. Still How easy is this to swap out
5. How do i clean this?!?!? I'm a little scared about this, i will search, but q tips? dabbed thin strip of microfiber cloth in a solution to wipe off the lens?
6. If you have a place to get a cheap beam expander let me know for an even tighter beam :D
7. Uhhh no more questions thanks larry, expect a relaitvely big order in a bit :)

Eku

1. Ok no spring! Less cleaning right?

No it means the metal from the spring doesn't scrape off and onto your diode or lens.

4. Still How easy is this to swap out

Very easy ;).

5. How do i clean this?!?!? I'm a little scared about this, i will search, but q tips? dabbed thin strip of microfiber cloth in a solution to wipe off the lens?

With this. http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=4384

6. If you have a place to get a cheap beam expander let me know for an even tighter beam

You'll need some type of aixiz module to beam expander adaptor for that and depends what type of beam expander you want, 10x, 20x ect. (10x = laser goes 10x longer ect)

Eku!

He all ready answered your questions, but I will let you know. I clean my lenses in 99% alcohol. First dab with a soaked q-tap, then using a piece of microfiber cloth on the tip of a q-tip gently wipe the lens until it is clean. You can check if there is oil or debris on the lens simply by un-focusing it all the way. It will act as a projector and you can see the dirt from the lens projected on a wall if there is any.
The lens coming from LarryDFW are cleaned using ultrasonic. So if you handle it correctly and use dust caps on the laser you shouldn't need to clean it.

themandalorian;

I have looked for an inexpensive beam expander without finding any.

Since the Hi-Power lens assembly has a short Focal Length...,
the beam will be collimated to a small diameter.

If you order some of the lithium-ion batteries, I will include a microfiber cloth with the lens order.

Thanks;

LarryDFW

Beam Expander

Then lens allows you get a very nice tight beam size at normal distances. You shouldn't need a beam expander unless your trying to go long distances anyways. If you want to get a beam (or dot) to be small in very very long distances then you would need a beam expander.

OK. I have found some on various pages online for a good price. These lenses still have me interested since i need an adapter even just for the beam expander.

Will you in the future sell lenses meant for green lasers larry. Or am I just stupid and missed something?

edit: And thank you everyone for helping me with the cleaning, ALl this money I'm spending I'm getting a little too paranoid :)

themandalorian;

The Hi-Power lens will work with green lasers.

RA_pierce reported ~98% power efficiency with his green laser on post #131 above.

In the lab, there are already "green laser diodes".

These will eventually be available to laser enthusiasts.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Will these Reduce power though? And I am in no rush. I could always wait for your new stuff. Your design looks good!

themandalorian;

Power output with a green will be very high.

~96%

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Alright then I'll probably Still buy :) The group buy is not for about 3 weeks though, would green laser specific lenses ever come out?

themandalorian;

At 96%,
the Hi-Power lens assembly is very close to a practical maximum efficiency.

An Aixiz acrylic lens only has a tranmission efficiency of ~75% @ 405nm.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
The beam expanders are always a challenge.

The lenses are straightforward...

but the lens housing and coupling are always difficult.

LarryDFW