Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Glow Marble Mini Light! - Project Parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just think of all the radiation... laser radiation, (arguably) UV radiation, 500-something-nm radiation, nuclear radiation from the glass including alpha, beta, and gamma radiation... even some infrared radiation (like all things above 0 kelvin).

I know it's not in dangerous quantities, but it would be fun to explain.

jayrob

pyrotech, got you covered...

I'm shipping your marble and heatsink today. (Friday)

:thanks:

jayrob

Nemo2423, and ZheolD, I am sending your 1" marbles today with other items. (Monday)

Thanks!

jayrob

EvilPlankton, I sent your heatsink, marble and box for this build today. (Tuesday)

Hope you like it!

D

Deleted member 8382

I would like to suggest you a couple of things ;)

Since a phr can be driven perfectly with a DDL driver, using 4 CR2 batteries could make it smaller and reduce the whole project price, also allowing to build your own driver, giving the full DIY touch ;)

Secondly, using a big pot with a resistor in series like shown in the DDL circuit would allow one to regulate the light from the outside!

Anyway, great idea :D

jayrob

Sure! That would be an easy option...

However a FlexDrive is much more efficient. And will get the most available capacity out of your batteries. Hardly any power wasted in the form of heat.

But yes, you could wire some rechargeable batteries in parallel to maximize capacity for a FlexDrive...

D

Deleted member 8382

well, what I meant is that with 4 cr2 you get like 12.8V, so until it goes down to 7V, you have plenty of hours xD

Anyway, if you plan to use it as a real decoration item, a flexdrive atached to an USB supply, you could easily use your PC or the AC wall with a very low power consumption!

Hey, this project is perfect for the joule thief driver! It is very high efficient, low current @ ~100mA and totally drain all of the battery power. ;)

jayrob

The marble looks like a glowing jewel too! :cool:

apollonos, I sent your Glow Marble Mini Light parts today. (Monday)

Hope your project goes well!

Nice idea! I used 1/2" Uranium Marbles as eyes in a really nice 33" Skeleton with some blue/UV led's... Nice mellow glow.

But this is far better. I might have to get a kit and build it for my 18 month old nephew, he was just amazed by my Lumia...

jayrob

Nice idea! I used 1/2" Uranium Marbles as eyes in a really nice 33" Skeleton with some blue/UV led's... Nice mellow glow.

But this is far better. I might have to get a kit and build it for my 18 month old nephew, he was just amazed by my Lumia...

I haven't seen the translucent uranium marbles in the 1" size for quite some time now...

Status
Not open for further replies.