Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: DIY Green Kit! Host, Heatsink - Easy Assembly!

jayrob

Re: FS: DIY Green Kit! Host, Heatsink - Easy Assem

Solid isn't it? :)

Good heatsinking to the module...

Thanks very much for posting back! Glad you like the kit.
Jay

jayrob said:
Solid isn't it? :)

Good heatsinking to the module...

Thanks very much for posting back! Glad you like the kit.
Jay

Yes, you obviously take great pride in your work. The piece from the host that you bored out for the (+) contact, was a perfect and snug fit. It would probably have been a good enough contact without the set screw. I did seat the set screw since it was there, nice touch to ensure good contact. You certainly thought of everything possible to make this a great DIY. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ted :cool:

TDK

Are the o-like modules focusable or could they be adjusted to be?

jayrob

They have a final lens that you can turn. But it is most likely glued in place. Normally you do not focus greens. It may be easier to just turn the barrel that the lens is mounted in for experimenting...
Jay

TDK

My reason for need of adjustment is i wanted to adapt it to a gun sight at the current specs dot size at 15M is 18mm. By turning the barrel is there room enough for adjustment to achieve say 18mm @ 30M or would i have to bring the lens closer to the ktp for far focusing?
Thanks
Great post by the way.

jayrob

Yes, you would bring the final lens closer for farther focusing... I know from just looking at one of the modules, that the final lens is threaded in. I'm sure it can be adjusted, I have not done so though...

scopeguy20, I am sending your DIY Green Kit today! (Wednesday)

Please post back to say how you like the kit! :)
Jay

TDK

cool thanks

I can't seem to find shipping. What is the price for shipping to the US? (34747)

hi all, how bright did the module from olike turn out? i am waiting for my 50mw to arrive but olike is on holidays for chinese new year. waiting.

jayrob

Th0ughts said:
I can't seem to find shipping. What is the price for shipping to the US? (34747)

Ok... I fixed that in the first post.

I'm changing all of my kits to a $6 dollar charge for shipping and handling. Stuff that is lighter like heatsinks only, or the Kryton deal where you just send me the barrel, will be less shipping, but Kits that include host and heatsink will be $6...

Thanks for looking!
Jay

jayrob

greenzx9r said:
hi all,  how bright did the module from olike turn out?  i am waiting for my 50mw to arrive but olike is on holidays for chinese new year.  waiting.

A 50mW green is very bright in the night sky! Or in the dark... Not a burner, but very bright visually. You must use with care, it will damage the eye intsantly with a direct shot...
Jay

Kenom

I just found a super wonderful thing at the post office.  It's a SMALL flat rate priority box.  As much as you can fit in it and ship for $4.95.  The box isn't very thick, so you'll want to make sure to package it securely, but it is big enough for me to easily fit 4 maybe five Kryton barrels in it.  Figured I'd let you know about it jay as shipping can be expensive even when your buying the box.  This provides the box free.

Link

jayrob

Thanks Ken!

That is definitely the way to go for a heavier package with-in the U.S. :)
Jay

Do you also sell your IR filters? If so, please invoice me (google checkout: tv.th0ughts@gmail.com) for a set (not the cheap glass finish, the fully heat sinked one with a front piece), along with an IR filter (if it's under 3 bucks, as I've seen em for sale at that price on eBayOfPigs). If you don't sell the filters, or the price for them is 3+, please just invoice me with the price for the normal package.

Any idea on how long it would take for an o-like module to arrive if it is in stock? I'm hoping within 1-2 weeks.

jayrob

I have a couple of these 10mm X 10mm from Nova. They cost me $10 dollars ea. plus shipping.
http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=68

I have ordered from Susie several times. They are just a little better than DX. Figure a couple weeks. But it is their New Years Holiday right now. I think it is over Monday though.

PM me and verify whether you want the kit with host, or just the heatsink and front piece. There is the pill modification that needs to be done if you do not want the kit with host. It sounds like you want the kit with host, but I just want to make sure...
Jay

jayrob said:
I have a couple of these 10mm X 10mm from Nova. They cost me $10 dollars ea. plus shipping.
http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=68

I have ordered from Susie several times. They are just a little better than DX. Figure a couple weeks. [highlight]But it is their New Years Holiday right now[/highlight]. I think it is over Monday though.

PM me and verify whether you want the kit with host, or just the heatsink and front piece. There is the pill modification that needs to be done if you do not want the kit with host. It sounds like you want the kit with host, but I just want to make sure...
Jay
Just to let you and others know, the holiday was supposed to end the 30th of Jan. (Maybe 31'st, either way, it is finished)

I will be purchasing the items from you tomorrow when I have access to my PC rather than a cafe. You never know what wardrivers are trying to pull out of us with a little bit of wireshark.