Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Custom Copper Module - AixiZ Threads

jayrob

I have 1/2" copper material, and taps for AixiZ threads, and is sized for a 'press fit' 5.6mm diode...

So if you would like a nice 1/2" thick copper module, they are available! :)

I can fit any one of my kit heatsinks to accept this 1/2" module. (N/C when ordering a kit - just make sure to let me know)

Copper%20module1.jpg

Copper%20module%202.jpg

Since these will be 1/2" in diameter, they will need a custom fit heatsink, and will not just fit into your 'AixiZ module heatsink'...

Any of my kits can be fit for this copper module for the same kit price...

Copper%20module 3.jpg

I realize that the price for the module seems expensive. But the material is not cheap. And there is more work involved with making these copper modules, than there is in making my normal aluminum heatsinks. (which average $23 dollars each)

* Custom copper module - $28
* Shipping - $3
* Shipping policy:
Shipping Policy

PM me if you would like one! :)

Last edited:

Do you think its possible to have these turned down to 12mm like the aixiz or would that be to difficult ? I'm sure its just a typo but your post says that these are not available.

jayrob

Do you think its possible to have these turned down to 12mm like the aixiz or would that be to difficult ? I'm sure its just a typo but your post says that these are not available.

That was a typo, I fixed it... Thanks!

I can machine the O.D. to 12mm if needed, although I figured that is the same as an AixiZ module except for the copper...

Jay, I have a host I've been dying to use (Dorcy Metal Gear). Would it be possible to have one of these made to a specific diameter if I get you the exact measurements? Although the 1/2" module may be exactly what I need since the Aixiz module is just ever so slightly to small to press fit into this host.

jayrob

I can take the O.D. down to a specific size if you would like...

Send me a PM! :)

jayrob

Fieras, I'm sending your 1/2" Copper Modules today. (Tuesday)

Hope you like them!

jayrob

danilow, I sent your copper module, 405-G-1 lens, and other item today. (Thursday)

Thanks!

jayrob

Cenobite9, I sent your 1/2" copper module today. (Wednesday)

Thanks!

Just received the custom module today. It is a great piece of work! The only issue I have to overcome is the fact that the module is just a hair less than 1/2" so it does not press tightly into my host. Actually since the host inner diameter is just a hair over 1/2" the module drops right in. I think some thermal adhesive will solve that issue though as well as creating a nice conduit between the host and module. I am about to fire up my diode mounted in the new module now so I can get my first in person glimpse of 445nm laser light!

jayrob

Better yet, if your host has a short heatsink, I can just make the heatsink a press fit heatsink, threaded for an AixiZ lens.

Or are you wanting to put them into pens?

Not sure if you're answering Andy_con or me but my host is pen-like so it is the heat sink in my case. I just fired the diode in the bare copper module to make sure the diode was good. The beam looks pretty solid... I'm currently using the Aixiz 405nm Glass lens. I have a lens question in your lens thread...

if that response is for me then i need some that are identical to an aixiz (12mm) dia.

jayrob

It can be flat at the back like this though right?

Copper%20module%202.jpg

Just make the rest of it the same as an AixiZ module...

I can do that if you want. Send me a PM! :)

jayrob

Hopefully it's the same inside dimensions as this one:
Solar Force L2 Flashlight Host for 18650 - L2 Host HA III Black Finish

Because I have a custom designed heatsink for that one...

It is massive. 1.9" long, and over 1" diameter at the widest point. It is a complex 1 piece design with 4 different O.D. measurements, and a cavity for the driver. You will need a battery contact board is the only thing...

PM me for details...