Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

FS: Custom Copper Module - AixiZ Threads

Cenobite9

They look very, very similar... I should be getting mine later this week. I'll send you the measurements once I get it. Hopefully the custom designed heatsink you already have will work in this host...

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
They look very, very similar... I should be getting mine later this week. I'll send you the measurements once I get it. Hopefully the custom designed heatsink you already have will work in this host...
Worst case scenario, just send me the host... But I will have to order special material. I only ordered the one piece for the custom order...

Cenobite9

I just received the new host. I will get the measurements and Visio up what I would need to fit this host. It doesn't look like it would be too complex a design.

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Got you covered...

bootdsc, I sent your 1/2" copper heatsink fit for 9mm with custom heatsink today. (Friday)

Thanks!

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Looking forward to it...

DTR, I'm shipping your 1/2" copper module and other parts today. (Friday)

Thanks!

Toaster

It seems that the threading of the module is a little too big. I am using the 445 glass and it wobbles in the module. I needed teflon tape to fix it. Jay, you might want to find a tab smaller size. It seems kinda dinky that I need the tape for a custom module made for this.

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
You should try that same lens in an AixiZ module...

It's the same threading. My copper module has a little tighter threads than the AixiZ module does.

Those AixiZ lenses are all loose. That's why they have a spring. But the Teflon is a better solution than a spring.

You just have to get used to exactly how much Teflon to use...

Toaster

If they are ALL loose, doesn't that mean that the modules are a little big? :) Teflon tape is smooth BTW. I just can't seem to get the glass lens clean. I have dots around the edges:/

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
If they are ALL loose, doesn't that mean that the modules are a little big? Teflon tape is smooth BTW. I just can't seem to get the glass lens clean. I have dots around the edges:/

It means the lenses are cheap...

It's just a fact of life that the metal lenses need some Teflon.

About cleaning, here's a thread with some conversation on cleaning methods:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/how-do-i-clean-my-laser-lens-40440.html#post528005

Some other conversation on cleaning diode windows:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=20141

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Your welcome...

1/2" copper modules sent today: (Monday)

Serac (with 405-G-1)
j.olson (with kit)

Thanks!

Serac

received the one I ordered, excited about using it, thanks Jayrob!