Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fs: Custom 32650 host. Aixiz module.

Thanks Ehgemus I just recieived the host in the mail about five minutes ago and I gotta say it really is a thing of beauty. I'm really glad to have finally gotten ahold of one of your hosts and for such a great price too.
I know some people were curious as to how it was going to be built being made for a 12mm module and having no space for a round driver so I figured I'd give a quick rundown. I figured I'd just use of of DTR's drop in 9mm modules with the x-drive attached (see if I can bribe him for a good binned one) and then instead of using a 32650 I have a 3AA to D Cell adapter in series that I think will fit nicely inside the host and will run the x-drive perfectly with three 14500's with a small heatsink on the x-drive.

IsaacT

Yeah definitely heatsink that. An extra 3.7V is a lot of heat....maybe thinking about ordering a dummy load to put in place of one of the 14500's.

Yeah definitely heatsink that. An extra 3.7V is a lot of heat....maybe thinking about ordering a dummy load to put in place of one of the 14500's.

I ordered a few dummy batteries just in case, I have a Saik host however with the same setup which is running a 9mm with x-drive and three 14500s and it hasn't seen any issues so far running for about 45 seconds at a time.

IsaacT

Just to be safe if I were you, run her for about 45 sec or so and then with static countermeasures open up the pill, if it is easy to get to, and check the heat on the driver. One thing I noticed on some of my earlier 445 builds is that my driver would get hot but the heat would be insulated in the pill and I couldn't tell.

Not doubting your building ability in the slightest, just want the best for all diodes and if the driver aint happy, the diode sure isn't happy either.

Don't wanna derail this and make this thread go any longer so one last reply, what I did with the saik was since the heatsink is so big (I had jayrob make me an extended heatsink like the D-mag kits use) I used the heatsink to sink the diode and the IC chip by cutting a piece of aluminum that fits perfectly between the IC and the main heatsink and thermally gluing it in place on both pieces and it keeps the driver quite cool.