Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Blue Hotlights Kit - $12.50

Re: FS:Guidesman 18650 Host+Heatsink $20

somthing tells me he'll give you a chance to get one of those heatsinks but most likly it will be in a finished laser....just a guess
:D

That's what I get for not paying attention :tinfoil: Sometimes you're the bug.....sometimes you're the windshield :)

it's okay, you didn't stand a chance. Yobresal had claimed them within a couple of minutes...
But i plan to do more in the future.

I just got my 2 silver hosts yesterday and i am impressed i really like how solid this host feels. Sweet find ,i will defiantly want a couple more of these i just want to get these built first :D I'm ordering flex drives today and then ill probably grab a couple of 445 diodes today or tomorrow we'll see. I like the idea of having a couple more of these 2 red and 2 black. btw i really like your heat sinks when i get these hosts in from dx maybe i could send one out and have a few made ?

it's okay, you didn't stand a chance. Yobresal had claimed them within a couple of minutes...
But i plan to do more in the future.
He does good things for the LPF community, so they found a good home :beer:

I got the hosts yesterday and they're great. I was kinda concerned when I saw t he enelope was ripped but the bubble wrap was fully intact and everything was fine. I'm glad it was that end of the envelope though because if the mailman saw the wires you stuck in the heatsink we'd both probably still be playing 20 questions with the feds. :tinfoil:

I already built a 6x into the black and will be building a 815 based into the red once I scrape a few more clams together to get a driver for it. BTW I found out if you can easily remove those plastic "ribs" in the pill which leaves a ton of room for the driver. This is very handy if you're like me and have hard time soldering tiny wires so you can slide the driver down into the pill and coil the wires between the pill and heatsink.

glad it made it. I was worried about shipping it in just the bubble mailer. I finally got my poly bags in (300 of them) So i can stick the bubble mailers inside these plastic bags that won't rip up.

Keep up with the Kits! If you could make copper modules that would be super good. Also, People seem to like the tubier flashlights (Atleast I do) vs the enlarged head versions. Some of those would be sick. Also Some kind of focusing ring would be boss, Cheers.

I would REALLY like to get that last one, but the paypal reads $6 >.<

Looking at these hosts i couldn't resist i put the first one together with a 200mw 405 module i picked up from htz. It had been in the first laser i built from the first flashlight i wanted to make into a laser after checking out the forum. The reason i took it apart was because it didn't have a heat sink...(well actually it was kinda held in by the plastic reflector so it kinda had a plastic heat sink...) . I t took a moment to figure out how get it wired correctly as i did not have the 3rd or case pin on my driver, so after many attempts to solder the neg- wire to the case i talked to DTR tried pinning the neg- between the head and body of the host. Its working like a charm now.

I'm just waiting for my flex drives and and going to order some diodes. I don't know if i mentioned it but this host is awesome!

Attachments

• rsz_dscn1350.jpg
    rsz_dscn1350.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 76
  • rsz_dscn1352.jpg
    rsz_dscn1352.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

I'll take the last one. PM inbound!

aXit

Hey moh.

I'd be looking to get 4 or 6 of these hosts, in silver.

Could you give me a quote with shipping to Australia for 4 hosts, and 6 hosts?

Thanks.

aXit.

EDIT: any confirmation on whether protected 18650s fit in this host?

Last edited:

DTR

EDIT: any confirmation on whether protected 18650s fit in this host?

It will fit a protected 18650. Just clip the spring down for a better fit.;)

It will fit a protected 18650. Just clip the spring down for a better fit.;)

If you dig around under the spring you'll find 2 metal disks covered by a plastic disk, you can remove 1 or both of the metal disks to allow more room as well.

Forgot to mention these are sold out for now. I don't plan on picking any more up this week. I figured i would let interest pick back up before i went for another run. I'll probably start collecting names and colors this coming friday for the people who want specific hosts.

Well i know its not Friday yet, but i will want 2 red 2 black .

Blord

How many colors are avaiable ? I see red, black, grey and maybe blue..
And is it possible to make copper heatsink with this host ? I want to make high-power lasers with these hosts.