Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 7x12 Mini lathe

Grix

The USA ain't as "shitty" as you think it is. Aside from lasers and healthcare, there is much more freedom... Besides, do you guys have medical insurance or something?

Either ways, good luck selling it Jake.

Why do all americans talk about their awesome freedom?.. Most european countries have much less regulations and restrictions.

Last edited:

Grix

The USA ain't as "shitty" as you think it is. Aside from lasers and healthcare, there is much more freedom... Besides, do you guys have medical insurance or something?

Either ways, good luck selling it Jake.

Why do all americans talk about their awesome freedom?.. Most european countries have much less regulations and restrictions.

EDIT: sorry about double post.. forum bug i think. Also sorry about off-topic.

Last edited:
primary, we live in a shitty country called the USA, where healthcare is considered a privilege, not a human right......
so when people have medical problems, it costs ten of thousands of dollars....
:( wish i lived in canada........

trolling statement deserves a trolling response - planes and buss's and trains leave EVERYDAY, If you choose to drive, the highway systems are very well made and they go both directions should you decide you made a mistake.

Jake21 take care of yourself, I just got a mill and will need a lathe next yours looks in great shape.

Hey Grix....
"digital_blue" lives in Canada....:shhh:

@jake21.... hope things work out for you Jake... I'd sell my stuff too..
to keep on breathing..

Good Luck....

Jerry

Last edited:

may be...but dont you have cameras on every corner *wink* it is an illusion.

to stay on topic...i just love that lathe!

Only around my bunker....:eg:

Back to the topic at hand.....
If it wasn't so expensive to ship to me... :cryyy: I'd be quite interested..

Jerry

Last edited:
Only around my bunker....:eg:

Back to the topic at hand.....
If it wasn't so expensive to ship to me... :cryyy: I'd be quite interested..

Jerry

lol...you missed your true calling.

Topic- Get well my little laser buddy, sounds like you have had some real issues, hang in there.

This lathe still has the red grease on the Gears and parts of the lathe lol
I'm surprised no one has picked up on this yet...

Jake, The red packing grease, or 'chicken fat' as the people in the factory that make the mini lathes nickname it, really is *packing* grease. The lathe must not be run for any period of time with the grease still in place. It's main purpose is just to stop the parts going rusty when in storage / transport.

It's always best practice for ANY new machine, albeit a hobby pillar drill, a full on lathe or mill should be torn down, all parts stripped, cleaned, tuned and adjusted then finally re-greased with proper lubricant before being used.

A bath of kerosene or even an industrial sized few litres of WD-40 would be enough. Then you would need a few paint brushes (new or very clean) and douse EACH part in turn.
Re-assemble, check the gibs and the ways are tuned, and backlash is minimsed as well as can be expected; then you are ready to go.

Apologies if this seems a 'rain on your parade' moment, it's not supposed to be; take it more as some tips that the next owner would need to follow before they plug it in.

All the best, and I wish you well on the medical side of things.
If you ever need any machining help, drop me a line. ;)

Cheers,
Dan :)

jake21

its fine i only use it here and there like once or twice a week... like i said its really brand new :)

ill do it tonight no big deal to that lol

Yep, you'll need the following:
- Set of allen keys
- Degreaser
- Plastic trays
- Paint brush
- A good old strong cuppa tea and a few hours spare ;)

All the best,
Dan

Looks like a nice little machine Jake. I had been looking for a really small used benchtop lathe for a while, but that looks to be much bigger. I guess what I am wanting would probably be considerd a micro-lathe. Even so, had I not already blown my hobby budget for the month, I would probably have taken you up on this offer.

My wife has had complications from diabetes that has her bedridden, so I can certainly relate. I hope everything works out well for you.

Bob

jake21

thanks Bob_Boyce...i though it was large myself but once u get it its not that big...all well i just need to sell this ASAP :(