Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 550mW 808nm IR C6 lasers(Yobresal's)

Sell that WL greenie..ill take it. Reliable pen host with side clicky..

Give me a chance to play around with it a bit...

Once my Ti B from jetlasers gets here, I'll probably sell off more.

I have another two like this:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-67283.html

Peaks on the two I have left are lower, but they also have less IR so the result is they are actually brighter than that one:p

I'm definitely going to sell one of those two... side button, just the way you like it:)

Give me a chance to play around with it a bit...

Once my Ti B from jetlasers gets here, I'll probably sell off more.

I have another two like this:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-67283.html

Peaks on the two I have left are lower, but they also have less IR so the result is they are actually brighter than that one:p

I'm definitely going to sell one of those two... side button, just the way you like it:)

Ugly host. LOL. And a bit big..I think ill pass. Cause atm, i found 200mW IR filtered pen for $130 :) Well, i THINK its IR filtered..my 5mW one was.

Ugly host. LOL. And a bit big..I think ill pass. Cause atm, i found 200mW IR filtered pen for $130 :) Well, i THINK its IR filtered..my 5mW one was.

Do tell:shhh: don't worry, until something else sells I have no funds to grab it:p

I know of one very nice pen that peaks at ~150mW that is IR filtered for $120.

Do tell:shhh: don't worry, until something else sells I have no funds to grab it:p

I know of one very nice pen that peaks at ~150mW that is IR filtered for $120.

Lol. Not yet :). Well, i never tried it before, so im not sure though. I just know my 5mW is pure green 5mW cause i compared it to many ebay pens..

Trust me... You really can't tell visually if a laser is IR filtered.

Comparing powers by eye is also a bad approach.

What I though while back, pre lpm, was 150mW+ in reality turned out to be ~80mW.

So unless you have an LPM and a set of goggles or IR filter on hand... no way you're going to be able to tell. At least not with any degree of accuracy.

Trust me... You really can't tell visually if a laser is IR filtered.

Comparing powers by eye is also a bad approach.

What I though while back, pre lpm, was 150mW+ in reality turned out to be ~80mW.

So unless you have an LPM and a set of goggles or IR filter on hand... no way you're going to be able to tell. At least not with any degree of accuracy.

Lol. One pen was already tested for pure 5mW green. So then i used that to compare to my 5mW. Well, i guess i have a bad source then..The 200mW pen for $130 is probably fake then most likely..or something. Like WL..

Ok, so you have one tested and confirmed 5mW... how in the world do you compare that against 200mW.

There is no way to say "well this laser appears 10 times brighter therefore it must be 200mW, since this one is only 5mW".

Side by side I can see which is more powerful, even if they are close, but an actual judgement on power... no way.

Last edited:
Ok, so you have one tested and confirmed 5mW... how in the world do you compare that against 200mW.

There is no way to say "well this laser appears 40 times brighter therefore it must be 200mW, since this one is only 5mW".

Side by side I can see which is more powerful, even if they are close, but an actual judgement on power... no way.

Well, the 5mW was bought from the same company..so i ASSUMED that they were reliable...guess im wrong.

EDIT: nevermind, but anyways I should be able to buy one today.

Last edited: