Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 550mW 808nm IR C6 lasers(Yobresal's)

Well, after purchasing all 5 of these IR lasers from Yobresal, it seems like i've overshot what i needed for my project. Im putting back up 4 of these lasers up for sale. Turns out, i only need 1 of these for my project. Originally, all 5 were going to put into a broken infrared spectrophotometer along with other wavelength lasers. However, i've been able to run one of these for 4 minutes straight, which is more than enough time for me!(Im keeping that one). These other 4 have only been turned on for a second to verify that they were working.

Runs off a single 18650 battery(included).

Link to original thread http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/550mw-808nm-ir-c6-lasers-sold-67343.html

No chargers included. These also do not have the labels on them.

ALL SOLD

International buyers, add $20 for registered(with tracking).

Last edited:

Uhh... I'm sorry but I have to wish you bad luck in selling these:na:

Only because I want one, but can't afford one right now:p

Uhh... I'm sorry but I have to wish you bad luck in selling these:na:

Only because I want one, but can't afford one right now:p

Says Mr. Greenie. You've sold a lot of greens since last time i checked. But thats still a lot, and i bet you're still looking for more greens too. Well, i think they'll still be around for a while, I always overshoot everything when it comes to parts/materials.

Says Mr. Greenie. You've sold a lot of greens since last time i checked.

Lol, fair enough:p

I sold 5 through the forum, and one to a friend... Also recently sold my slightly modded arctic. No one seems to want my 445's though:( I have two up for sale right now and two more I wouldn't mind selling at some point. Well one definitely, one maybe:eek:

Problem is, my most recent greenie purchase is rather pricey... so going to take me a bit to recover from that.

Lol, fair enough:p

I sold 5 through the forum, and one to a friend... Also recently sold my slightly modded arctic. No one seems to want my 445's though:( I have two up for sale right now and two more I wouldn't mind selling at some point. Well one definitely, one maybe:eek:

Problem is, my most recent greenie purchase is rather pricey... so going to take me a bit to recover from that.

Lol, my recent purchase was that broken IR spec :). Too bad the IR laser parts were non functioning. Do the 445's you're trying to sell have different modes? Those are the ones i find more practical for me :)

Last edited:
Lol, my recent purchase was that broken IR spec :). Too bad the IR laser parts were non functioning. Do the 445's you're trying to sell have different modes? Those are the ones i find more practical for me :)

I'm not sure if you would consider it a different mode, but the c6 has a linear driver.

With two 16340's it does 1.1W+ with one 18650 it does ~120mW. I actually used it like that 99% of the time... since it's a tad less intimidating and doesn't leave me seeing yellow like the dot from a 1W does.

I'm not sure if you would consider it a different mode, but the c6 has a linear driver.

With two 16340's it does 1.1W+ with one 18650 it does ~120mW. I actually used it like that 99% of the time... since it's a tad less intimidating and doesn't leave me seeing yellow like the dot from a 1W does.

Lol the battery swaps, no thanks. wannaburn made some that ran on AA? or AAA? forgot, and the corresponding # battery a while back. I admit, i liked them at first, but then i thougt about it, and the battery swaps were too much of a hassle when you're moving. Btw, are you looking at 1W+ dots with naked eye? Seems so..

Lol the battery swaps, no thanks. wannaburn made some that ran on AA? or AAA? forgot, and the corresponding # battery a while back. I admit, i liked them at first, but then i thougt about it, and the battery swaps were too much of a hassle when you're moving. Btw, are you looking at 1W+ dots with naked eye? Seems so..

Hmm, he has a laser for sale right now that has modes:http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/f-s-stainles-steel-1w-445-3-mode-memory-reduced-price-67319.html

With the battery swaps, I meant on mine... not one of his builds.

I don't look at dots of over 1W lasers indoors if I can help it. I do look at the dot of a 125mW 445nm laser from about ~8 feet on a white wall. Did some testing and math a while back... perfectly safe.

Even at 1.1W, from a distance of a foot, LPM does not register anything in terms of specular reflection from most common surfaces. If you use a very very glossy white surface, you can get it to register at a larger distance, but taking divergence into account, still not very dangerous. The extreme danger lies with mirror like surfaces like doorknobs, glass, or glossy screens, or mirrors. With a regular mirror about 90% of the light is reflected back...

Specular reflection is not as much of a threat as you'd think though... even from glossy white surfaces, the danger is minimal from a few feet. Doesn't mean it's comfortable to look at up close, and not something I do, or would recommend doing.

At some point I want to get a better LPM to do more testing on that... but guys like cypragon and benm can take you through the math... The tough part is that it's impossible to account for the reflectivity constant with all the variables out there... like your white wall may be more matte than my white wall.

Anyway... as you can see I gave it some thought, with regards to watching dots or not:tinfoil:

Hmm, he has a laser for sale right now that has modes:http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/f-s-stainles-steel-1w-445-3-mode-memory-reduced-price-67319.html

With the battery swaps, I meant on mine... not one of his builds.

I don't look at dots of over 1W lasers indoors if I can help it. I do look at the dot of a 125mW 445nm laser from about ~8 feet on a white wall. Did some testing and math a while back... perfectly safe.

Even at 1.1W, from a distance of a foot, LPM does not register anything in terms of specular reflection from most common surfaces. If you use a very very glossy white surface, you can get it to register at a larger distance, but taking divergence into account, still not very dangerous. The extreme danger lies with mirror like surfaces like doorknobs, glass, or glossy screens, or mirrors. With a regular mirror about 90% of the light is reflected back...

Specular reflection is not as much of a threat as you'd think though... even from glossy white surfaces, the danger is minimal from a few feet. Doesn't mean it's comfortable to look at up close, and not something I do, or would recommend doing.

At some point I want to get a better LPM to do more testing on that... but guys like cypragon and benm can take you through the math... The tough part is that it's impossible to account for the reflectivity constant with all the variables out there... like your white wall may be more matte than my white wall.

Anyway... as you can see I gave it some thought, with regards to watching dots or not:tinfoil:

I saw that one. Price is too high for that. Yob's 5-mode is better imo. I personally like the strobe :). Funny when you shine it at a 30 crystal ball chandelier

I saw that one. Price is too high for that. Yob's 5-mode is better imo. I personally like the strobe :). Funny when you shine it at a 30 crystal ball chandelier

I say this with no offense to Yob... who also has fantastic builds... but IMO Wannaburn's builds are superior. Pretty sure his also uses a copper heatsink vs an aluminum one.

I say this with no offense to Yob... who also has fantastic builds... but IMO Wannaburn's builds are superior. Pretty sure his also uses a copper heatsink vs an aluminum one.

I know wannaburn's builds are superior, but when it comes to other people(locally) looking for lasers, most tend to look at price:power ratio vs price:build ratios.

I know wannaburn's builds are superior, but when it comes to other people(locally) looking for lasers, most tend to look at price:power ratio vs price:build ratios.

I think that's true initially... but not for long. When I got into this hobby all I wanted was MOAR POWER for the lowest price... now... not so much.

I'm not quite ready to take the plunge into scanners and gas lasers though...yet...maybe if I win the lottery...:tinfoil: