Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

fs: 2 br's (sold)

daguin

jake21 said:

I'm sorry was that sold to the highest bidder, to the first offer, or to the one you love the best?

Peace,
dave

By the way, I'm sorry for being rude, I'm just trying to get a laser and stay relatively within my budget.

daguin

potatorage said:
By the way, I'm sorry for being rude, I'm just trying to get a laser and stay relatively within my budget.

Our point exactly. Anarchy looks good until the big guy and his friends come to your house to eat your lunch. Then you'll be all about getting some kind of control or enforcing of the "rules."

It really doesn't matter all that much. Once kids like Jake realize that they can't pay for fuel and insurance by selling these lasers. They will have to get a "real" job cooking french fries for me. Then they will be too busy to scream, "What about me?!?" "What about mine!?!" It is one of the "facts of life" . . .

The universe does not care.

Peace,
dave

daguin

potatorage said:
Is there any reason you dislike jake though?

Do I come across as not liking Jake? If so, then I am sorry. I don't dislike Jake. In order to dislike someone, you have to know them and invest psychic energy in them.

I dislike the attitude that Jake represents. The "all about me" - "I can do what I want" - "You can't stop me from being me" - attitude is NOT just egocentric. It doesn't just say that the person is the center of their own universe. It says that others have no value. That their efforts don't matter. That the feelings of others aren't important. It says that other human beings are NOT valuable.

In psychology we call that "psychopathology." A person that displays these attitudes is a psychopath. In Sociology we call that "sociopathology." A person who acts this way in the world is a sociopath. Those attitudes are what I "dislike." I don't dislike Jake. He is nobody to me.

Peace,
dave

Kenom

hahaha! mike.  your killin me.   I however agree with daguin not just directed at jake personally cause it's not just him (no offense jake)  it's pretty much becoming the norm. There was a time when everyone worried about "community" not just person. When farmer joe needed to get his crops in fast, the community helped. And farmer joe would do the same thing when someone else needed help. We have a "community" here like it or not. We need to act like one and not just think of ourselves.

daguin said:
[quote author=potatorage link=1212532077/12#20 date=1212544543]Is there any reason you dislike jake though?

Do I come across as not liking Jake? If so, then I am sorry. I don't dislike Jake. In order to dislike someone, you have to know them and invest psychic energy in them.

I dislike the attitude that Jake represents. The "all about me" - "I can do what I want" - "You can't stop me from being me" - attitude is NOT just egocentric. It doesn't just say that the person is the center of their own universe. It says that others have no value. That their efforts don't matter. That the feelings of others aren't important. It says that other human beings are NOT valuable.

In psychology we call that "psychopathology." A person that displays these attitudes is a psychopath. In Sociology we call that "sociopathology." A person who acts this way in the world is a sociopath. Those attitudes are what I "dislike." I don't dislike Jake. He is nobody to me.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Well said, I think you bring alot to this forum daguin.