Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 2.6w+ polished Big Boy laser

9Ring

probably showing my age here....whats a Alienware M17 -R1??? Lol

Ah the computer age....just check the box that says : " I am 18 or older" and walla the world opens upto you.

Ah the computer age....just check the box that says : " I am 18 or older" and walla the world opens upto you.

It's a high tech gaming laptop. Some are upwards of $2,000 though which is why I asked if it was broken. Makes more sense now that I know it's the R1

Only the GOOD websites make you check that box ;)

Last edited:

JLM

The M17-R1 is the last model of the company Alienware before close and sells the brand to Dell. The actual value is around $700 - $500 because the release year was 2009 - 2010.

I hope this thread gets read by ALL newcomers- and the lessons learned will stick!!

This could have gotten much stickier. Remember that PP /ebay wants nothing to do with the sale of lasers over 5 mW and NOBODY pays 300$ for 5 mW- this could have easily had a very bad ending. Buy and sell from or to VETS. Scammers have a very short lifespan here- our mods and admin are pros and not much gets by them for very long. Dont be shy- if you think someone is trying to sell one laser to many buyers just PM those in the thread and ASK-- I would rather offend someone by asking for a partial photo of their ID thay risk selling a laser to a minor- you dont need to fear the kid nearly as much as his parents and their LAWYER-- or worse the lawyer of the person who got injured because YOU sold a KID a VERY dangerous laser...

mi dos centavos solo

hak

Last edited:

JLM

I hope this thread gets read by ALL newcomers- and the lessons learned will stick!!

This could have gotten much stickier. Remember that PP /ebay wants nothing to do with the sale of lasers over 5 mW and NOBODY pays 300$ for 5 mW- this could have easily had a very bad ending. Buy and sell from or to VETS. Scammers have a very short lifespan here- our mods and admin are pros and not much gets by them for very long. Dont be shy- if you think someone is trying to sell one laser to many buyers just PM those in the thread and ASK-- I would rather offend someone by asking for a partial photo of their ID thay risk selling a laser to a minor- you dont need to fear the kid nearly as much as his parents and their LAWYER-- or worse the lawyer of the person who got injured because YOU sold a KID a VERY dangerous laser...

mi dos centavos solo

hak

My friend thanks to mention that. I paid to Chris $230 before sent the alienware laptop. Because Chris offers me a refund after the laptop arrives. Probably you never understand that, but one time Chris tries to scam members here he sends me, his facebook and skype account to a proof of his good intention. But one time he got the laptop tracking number he say me “sorry Joel, I am a 13 YO guy without money to refund you”. Obviously a little child of 13 YO can’t open a paypal account; he take his mother ID and make a false paypal account thanks God I save all my emails and Skype conversations. What Happened? One time the laptop arrives to IL he blocks me on Skype and face book, never reply an email back and never refund me. Actually the laptop value is more than $600, because I put one extreme processor, 8G Vengeance and new keyboard. I have evidence of all, tracking numbers for this laptop and insurance for $400 and pictures before packing and all the email and instant messages from Skype.

Finally PayPal determinate that he tries to scam me and refund back yesterday.

Last edited:
Wow so he was still trying to scam after the laser episode? Doesn't really look like he learnt his lesson then!:wtf::banned:

Last edited:

JLM

Wow so he was still trying to scam after the laser episode? Doesn't really look like he learnt his lesson then!:wtf::banned:

I think that he never reply me because he feel fear, because open me a door to collect information one time he add me as friend on facebook and call me from his mother’s telephone. I believed in Chris and I offered the opportunity to test the laptop and send me it back if he don’t like it, but never reply me.

The bad part in this case is that the bigboy arrive in fair conditions, the diode dim a little, the G2 lens have a lot of scratches, batteries lose charge very quick and the polished surface have a lot of little but visible scratches and the green one arrive with lens problems. I lost some money but I learn a lot with this bad situation.
Sorry for my english.

JLM

mi dos centavos solo

hak

My uncle is lawyer, USA law in minor age cases (less than 18 YO), is super strong. This sensitive issue, you can’t sell a functional laser over 5mW to a kid because the FDA defined it as hazardous, if this kid damage another kid or himself and in the best panorama the US Federal Court can call you to testify and you can lose one or two days without go to the job and probably you will need to travel to another state, If you don’t comply you can incurs in a contempt of court (Contempt of court - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
In this case Chris makes a false PayPal account with his mother’s information.

For me this thread is closed but another LPF member wants information let me know. Thanks and sorry with my English.

Happy New Year!!!

Last edited: