Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1W 520nm, 575nm lasers.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I'm in for one of the yellows @ $100. PM me and we can arrange payment and shipping.

I already have a 50 mW one, so I really don't need one of these. Not at $100 plus shipping, anyway.

Nexgen

I don’t make the rules here. It was just a suggestion. I was feeling guilty when the one guy said he didn’t get one yet and I have two.
It was not my intention to make anyone feel badly and I apologize if I did.

One unit is spoken for now.

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
You guys go for it.

We are not always totally rational beings. Yeah, $100 is overpriced, but I don't care. My other choices for yellow are a 589 or something even more expensive. This will do for now.

It's too bad that OPT Lasers has hit a snag for the time being. Otherwise you could have just ordered from them. I guess you can never tell. I'm glad that when I was sure myself that these were real, I got mine. It was definitely worth the $60.00 total that I paid for it.

kecked

You can see how it affects people. Like a gold rush. Wait it is yellow after all. I’ve so wanted yellow for so long it makes me crazy. My laser power is down to 10mw now so sad. Pump diode still strong. Well I’ll have my dead crystal soon o work with.

The crystal is very inefficient, I bet they get hotter and hotter as they run, maybe it would be better as a short duty cycle pointer ?

I wonder if this might not be a problem with this new batch of crystals. Mine came from the original set of lasers they had for sale. I haven't seen any degradation of the output power on mine. Hope it is just a one batch problem. Sure would be nice to identify this crystal, though.

ru124t

Dude,
I have a spartan host with burned out diode. Would it be hard to put this laser into that host? I would be interested in that 50.00 490nm for sure if this is the case.

Hello, ru124t. It has been a long time since last I saw you post. Don't know much about the Spartan host, but I do know a lot about these Sharp 490nm diodes. If there are any questions about it, I can help. Don't be a stranger. :yh:

Nexgen

Dude,
I have a spartan host with burned out diode. Would it be hard to put this laser into that host? I would be interested in that 50.00 490nm for sure if this is the case.

I did this before, but in your case additional parts will be needed, I compensated short module with 30mm in length and 20mm in diameter aluminum pipe, because holding ring can’t reach that far. And something you can spring the module.