Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 18650 Build Kit! Easy Assembly! 445nm, Blu-ray, or Red...

Folder

Sorry for my ignorance, but how much does this cost just for the standard 18650 build kit with no big heatsink or hot option or anything?

jayrob

For the basic host/heatsink combo with aluminum heatsink, it is $43 dollars plus $6 dollars shipping...

The basic kit is a flashlight with a heatsink. Without the 'Hot' option, you will be taking apart the flashlight, removing the stock driver components from the board, and installing your driver, etc...

Send me a private message for ordering... :)

Folder

Hmm, I see. I'll probably order one of these with the 'hot' option. I'll send you a PM when I'm ready, thanks.

jayrob

Good deal...

adilson, I sent your 'Hot' option 18650 kits and all options ordered today. (Tuesday)

Hope you like them!

jayrob

meeks, I sent your 18650 basic kit with copper heatsink today. (Thursday)

Thanks!

jayrob

why do you use an actual flashlight instead of just buying the host? you could down the prices of your builds by 6-7$..here's the host for this build

DealExtreme: $10.90 C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650)

and I have it, it's exactly the same

It's because the shell casing does not come with the battery contact board that is needed for this style of build design...

And the difference in price is about $5.50
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12492

Last edited:

jayrob

garoq, I sent your 18650 'Hot' option kit with EzFocus adapter today. (Friday)

Thanks!

Hey Jay, I know you're back-ordered but do you think you could provide me an estimate time frame on my order? Got some friends itching for a custom laser... I told them at least another two weeks. Hope my estimate is close.

ped

Hey Jay, I know you're back-ordered but do you think you could provide me an estimate time frame on my order? Got some friends itching for a custom laser... I told them at least another two weeks. Hope my estimate is close.

Post the date you paid so he can track it down.

He is backed up but you you wont be sorry you waited.

jayrob

As ped mentioned, if you send me a private message and mention the 'date paid'. I can easily find your order information in the stack of orders...

For all those waiting for kits that have been ordered, please mention the 'date paid' if checking status...

Also, I want to apologize if I'm a little later than anticipated.

I honestly did think that I would be about 3 weeks out when you first ordered. But it is not easy to estimate that far in advance.

I am really sorry if there is extra delay.

In any event, I will completely understand if anybody would like to cancel. And if so, I will refund right away.

Otherwise, please be patient...

If it has been 3 weeks, just message me with the 'date paid' and I'm sure I can give a much more accurate estimate for shipping.

Doing the best I can...

ped

Jay,

Can i add to my order 405 g-1 (or 405 g-2) ?

jayrob

Sure just message me with your 'date paid' so I can pull out your order details and make some notes...

jayrob

mk3d, I sent your 18650 'Hot' option kit and other items today. (Monday)

306man, same goes for your 1/2" copper module and 18650 copper heatsink. (fit for 1/2" copper module)

Thanks!

Hey Jay,

I'd like to order 1 of the 18650 black kits from you with the following options:

* 18650 Copper heatsink upgrade - $12
* 'Hot' option - $48 This option includes a FlexDrive or Micro BoostDrive pre-mounted with current set as desired, and lead wires soldered on.
** maybe if you can, would like one of the Tritium blue markers for however much that costs, I saw another thread of yours you were installing them on the side of the flashlights.

Would like FlexDrive (or DrLava's new boost drive, whatever) set to 1100mA.

Will be using a 445nm diode.

Let me know the total, Thanks!
-Kendall

PS I got the shipment of MXDL heat sinks, they look great.