Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 13W RF excited CO2 laser

I hate to let this one get away. All my money had to go elsewhere. ,-( I'm going to put up some of my Asian pointers up along with other laser stuff soon.

Hey man, I know exactly how you feel. Going through the same stuff right now :(. If I had any other means to get a thermal camera, I wouldn't be selling this because once its gone, I'm likely to never get another chance to get another. Good luck with your troubles and I wish you the best.

RGB

Ok, so what are the beam specs of a Laser like this? Normal CO2 doesn't focus too well, does it? And and what is the life expectancy? I really want to buy it, but I need good reasons ;)
Also, in what range is shipping costs? And how fragile is it?

I couldn't tell you much about the beam specs. It's kinda hard to measure beam specs of an invisible laser ;). Perhaps I could find you a datasheet. Though this is a gas laser and well, from my experience, gas lasers have very very good beam specs. This laser should focus really well, perhaps not as well as diode lasers due to it having a larger beam but well enough that you can do some really intricate engraving and you can laser cut some pretty small things. I believe it is tem00 but again, hard to tell due to it being completely invisible.

Life expectancy, thats another hard question. Assuming the laser is new, it should last thousands of hours before efficiency starts to drop off and the tube needs to be re-gassed. This laser is obviously not new but I can assure you that the tube is healthy judgeing from its bright amber colored plasma glow. I also believe these are 10W rated tubes. If I'm right, then its only been lightly used before it was removed from service. Then again, I'd need to find the datasheet to be 100% certain. They could be 20W tubes for all I know. Maybe someone else can verify based on the model number.

Lastly, shipping. The laser is not very heavy at all but its stil somewhat large. I'd want to ship the tube and psu seperately. The tube is made out of ceramic, while more durable than its glass sister, still pretty delicate and there would always be the risk it could arrive DOA. I have no problem shipping internationally but just know I don't want to be held responsible if it gets damaged during shipping. I will gladly work with you though to get a reasonably indestructible shipping box but the bigger the box, the more shipping costs. So keep that in mind. I can't give you an estimate for shipping unfortunately, at least not yet but if you're still interested I'd gladly work with you to get one.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Model #: DDC2
Manufacturer: Domino

Last edited:

RGB

Thanks for your reply. Even though I don`t have the money for it if I were being responsible, I still WANT THIS THING!

So, tell me what it costs to get it safely into Switzerland (insurance that pays if it breaks?!)
And make a video showing the beam specs (Just burn some holes into cardboard from different distances...)

And then I`ll almost certainly buy it.

These are a unique laser device. You should know something about
radio frequency transmitters. These run at about 27.125 MHz with 50
ohm matching. Power can be controlled with a PWM circuit.
Portable ??? Naw !!!!
2394-co2-10.jpg

HMike

Last edited:
Jeffery if You have not sold this I will buy it!l
It would be silly to waste away my GS330PD's as beamtable actuators now wouldn't it!!

Oh well, it was a great feeling while it lasted, Thanks Anyway :)
I can imagine it being a hard thing to package up for shipping.. some cardboard wizardry ;)

EDIT:

Take good care of it. It is like the one I let get away.

I know the feeling.

Thanks for your reply. Even though I don`t have the money for it if I were being responsible, I still WANT THIS THING!

So, tell me what it costs to get it safely into Switzerland (insurance that pays if it breaks?!)
And make a video showing the beam specs (Just burn some holes into cardboard from different distances...)

And then I`ll almost certainly buy it.

enjoy!

Last edited:

RGB

Oh well, it was a great feeling while it lasted, Thanks Anyway :)
I can imagine it being a hard thing to package up for shipping.. some cardboard wizardry ;)

EDIT:

I know the feeling.

enjoy!

Thanks, I`m feeling honored to be able to get this laser. I will take good care of it ;)

RGB

It has arrived at its new home! Thanks to jeffreythe00`s epic packaging my room is now full of styrofoam and bubble wrap (It doesn`t even fit in the box anymore, how the hell did it get in there? ;)) and the tube safe.

It will have a nice new home and be cared for with its rightful respect and love.
I`ll probably have to wait a week or so to test it, but I will post pics when I do.