Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: >110mW PHR, >140mW 4x & >170mW 6x Blu-Rays

murrat

oh my that is quite impressive. igor said mine is rated at 177mw.
unfortunately, it will probably arrive while i am gone on vacation.

can you do a balloon pop and go for distance? i am thinking at least 40 feet.

I can try but I don't have that straight distance at home :)

Yes, Igor appears to be busy at present.

I am very pleased to say that, not only have we communicated several times recently, my two blu-rays are actually en-route now !
I have a tracking number, too.

After reading the specs., I'm starting to get excited about lasers again :drool:

Here is my record video for people who got bored of waiting :):eg:

YouTube - bluray laser lights a match

Match lighting from 490cm(~16,1ft) . Matches are green as I run out of white ones.
No matter what color they are, it burns them :D
This is IgorT bluray 190mW :thanks:

I managed to try lighting a match from a distant, but it's really hard to focus the beam.... MMay be because i'm wearing glasses, the dot appears as speard apart at a distance more than a meter........

murrat

Focusing at distant is not that difficult but it is a bit of luck to find the best focus.
Easy focusing method is to adjust it until the dot looks the brightest :beer:

IgorT

I've noticed there is some kind of a problem with PM forwarding. I thought i had it set up correctly, but only after one DID make it through to my email and made me check, did i notice, that i have a bunch of PMs i didn't know about. Now i'll have to find time to sort through that.

So to everyone: PLEASE use my email to contact me. At the moment i still have a LOT of work (old work projects that waited, but can't wait any longer), but i check emails at least once or twice a day now. So that is the preferred method of communication. It's a lot easier for me to keep things organized there. G-Mail has all the fancy labeling possibilities that make life easier.

Otherwise, the US part of Batch #3 lasers arrived in the US OE on 18th and 19th. I think i sent everyone the tracking numbers, but i noticed that the pages i used for tracking last year don't work properly latelly.

USPS.com does work somewhat, only that it updates with a 4 day delay, so the ones that arrived at the Office of Exchange on 19th only started showing up today, but as "Inbound International Arrival July 19, 2009, 3:55 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)".

So they should be processed and well on their way to their final destination within the US by now.

For other countries i currently know of no page that works, but if someone is worried, i can write to my P.O. referee, and they will do a track on their computers, and give me a screen cap with your info (i already sent this to those who asked).

Otherwise, as far as i know the only Batch #3 laser that is already in the hands of the buyer is the one that went to a local one (the one who helped me pay for the v3 Heatsink/Modules), since within Slovenia the post only takes a day. But the rest should start popping up in a few days, depending on how far from NY you live.

EDIT: I think the Canadian packages should be there just about now, since i just heard of a package that was shipped later, arriving today. The others shouldn't be far behind.

Another thing i wanted to say... I was just checking if i missed any old emails, and found one asking why i didn't reply to a certain post or two during a certain period of time (to WizardKing and CuriouslyCoherent).

The reason for this was, that i was so busy that week (an old past-due work project), that i didn't even get to sleep. I wrote both of them an email before that week, but didn't get a reply in time, during that week i was so busy, that i was just posting my status (what i'm doing) here, but unfortunatelly i wasn't reading. So i didn't know about it, until i saw the email.

But i wrote both of them again afterwards, and WizardKing told me he had some email problem, which made him think i was ignoring him (while i was wondering why several emails went unanswered), after he fixed that, we sorted things out, and just now i got an email from him that he received his package, and we also sorted out things with CC. EDIT: And he just told me he received his package as well. :)

I really hope i will soon have time to start activelly participating on this forum again, but at the moment there are still huge piles of work ahead of me, and i don't have a choice, but to work my ass off, to get them out of the way ASAP, and get my life back to normal.

I realized i became a little too comfortable upon my initial return to the forum, i started reading around and posting, and my work immediatelly suffered because of that. That's why i was forced to limit my online activities again... Emails take even more time, since most of you know that when i write, i write a lot, but i will take the time to check them once or twice a day even under the worst circumstances. I will however occasionally take a weekend off. :angel:

So i'm checking my G-Mail address at least once or twice a day, regardless of how much work i have, so that is my preferred method of communication at the moment. I'm also checking back, just in case i missed something among all the spam, but if someone didn't get a reply from me, please help me out and just "bump" that email thread, so it comes out at the top, and you'll get a reply the same day.

Again, please use e-mail and not PM, i thought i had them succesfully forwarded, but for some reason not all of them come through, so now i have to sort through that on top of everything else. I don't know when i'll have time to do that, so if you want a reply quickly, PLEASE use the email contact form of this forum. It makes things a lot easier for me!

Anyway, i have to get back to work. I need to get the "favor/counterfavor batch" out this week, and after that the Bonus Batch.... And all that is just on top of the rest of my work....

But i'm working this hard, so that things would get back to normal as soon as possible.

Last edited:
As stated by Igor, above, I received my lasers this morning :D !!

Thanks, Igor.

I'm so pleased to have them in my posession after the long wait. I am even more pleased for Igor's sake, he's made it through his trying times and been good to his word.
After all, if a man isn't as good as his word, he's worth ***k all.

Back on topic,

I now have two perfectly crafted blu-rays, just had a couple of minutes using them in my garden. Looking forward to snatching a bit longer very soon for a good play.... ermm , I mean experiment with them !!

IgorT

Looks i was wrong, just heard of Batch #3 lasers starting to arrive yesterday.. :) EDIT: And another one... ;)

Happy day... Which reminds me, not everyone has the instructions yet! I'll send them to you now! (MOST IMPORTANTLY: PLEASE USE THE FREAKING LENS CAPS!!!!!)

Anyway, at this moment i will not be accepting any large batch orders for a little while. Small numbers yes, but not huge batches. They take too much time, especially since i make my own drivers (for me the work ends, where it begins for others).

I did Batch #3, because it was all people who wanted to order before The Disaster, and waited for it to pass and then still ordered.

But until my old waiting real work projects are all out of the way, i will have to limit the number of orders i can take at once. I CAN do a few lasers every so often, but until all the old stuff is taken care of, i won't be making any big batches.

If someone wants a laser, you should still write me of course (i prefer email!), i'll do my best to squeeze you in somewhere if at all possible, but i'd rather just be making one or two a week for a while... This is just until everything else is taken care of - i want to get the old stuff out of the way ASAP....

So if you want a laser, but my time for that week is already filled, i'll still accept the order but move it to the next week, or something.... This could also actually make the process smoother.. Hmm. We shall see.

Otherwise, i am making some rather special things in the little spare time i have, and might offer them for sale when they are done, since i will need some PP balance to do the custom lens test-buy.

I'll post pics of my "secret projects", when it's time.

Last edited:

Sam7

my laser arrived friday afternoon, unfortunately i am still away on vacation and my bro was the first one to check it out. i stressed the point of using the lens cap, when not in use.
he says it looks awesome, very well made and very small. match light at about 15 feet, he says about 1 second or so, as soon as the match hit the beam. i get to play with it on tuesday.

IgorT

Oh, Andy, i was so happy, when you told me you finally got your package!

Next week you get another one from the Bonus Batch, to make up for your waiting. ;)

IgorT

Sam7: Tuesday? I feel your pain.. :(

Tell brother not to touch!!! He doesn't even have instructions!

EDIT: I'm off to Ljubljana for what little is left of the weekend. I replied all the emails i could find several pages back, any new ones will be replied on Monday, when i get back... Just thought i'd let everyone know up front this time.... :angel:

Last edited:
Just a very quick post here, too much on my plate right now; but my BR 6x just arrived here in FL today and it's freak'n AWESOME!!!

Igor, your the man!!