Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: >110mW PHR, >140mW 4x & >170mW 6x Blu-Rays

IgorT

Re: FS: >50mW Blu-Rays, two models... Any interest

LOL..

What about robbing old ladies and whoring? You promised you would do that as well.. ;)

IgorT

Great news, everyone...

The second order of diodes just arrived! Waiting for the third and fourth (backup).

These babies are sweeet! Had to pay 25 Euro custom fees and taxes tho.. :( If i would live in any other country, i could have gotten another diode for this money instead. :'( Basically, when i buy three diodes, i have to pay for four.

apoligies for my lastness i would like around 90ma so long it is 60mw+ and will have a very long life time. as for echeque it is paypal with a wait of 3-5days for the money to clear from my bank accoun to ur paypal is shipping included? i would like the small one plz due to its compactness. thank you. :p ::)

IgorT said:
LOL..

What about robbing old ladies and whoring? You promised you would do that as well.. ;)

be quiet [smiley=tongue.gif]

IgorT

:-X Be biobs bar bere ban! Hob ab ai bubobed du be buiet?

Cybob: Can you please delete two of the three identical posts you made? Thanks!

oops sorry i had to resend due to computer lag and it looks like they all went through lol

IgorT

Great news guys! Everyone is getting at least 70mW! Even those, who asked for a safe current first.

I just made a measurement at 89.5mA and got just under 70mW after optics (68-69mW)!!!! :D ;D This thing stings my skin like a 170mW green! :eek: Without optics it measures in at 80mW, just like Dr_Lava's graph shows.

Beamshots and measurement pics in the evening! ;)

EDIT: This color at this power is giving me hallucinations... It's hypnotic! And i can feel the heat of only partially collimated beam on my skin.
Can't wait for the night to come!

I am already longing for the beamshots, I can't wait! :p Good that we are getting 70mw at 90mA, although you would probably not see much visual difference between 65 and 70mw.

IgorT

Well, the actual power at 89.5mA is 80mW, but the lens takes 10mW away... Of course i'm using clear lenses. AR coated ones would halve the power. I do hope i get 405nm coated lenses soon. They might not be as expensive as i feared..

If i get them, i will offer everyone a 405nm coated lens for the same price i pay for it.

BTW, i simply couldn't go back to real work without taking some pics first. Two beamshots, one away and the other against the camera. My cat is really confused. ;) More pics in the evening.

Attachments

• Blu_Ray_70mW_fixed.JPG
    Blu_Ray_70mW_fixed.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 168

phenol

nice! my cat reacts to it rather vigorously and chases it around the place.
Do you actually see the beam the way your camera does?
BTW, I use mine to cauterize small wounds/scratches (inflicted on me by the same cat). They seem to heal faster ( ::) o well, maybe im just imagining magical properties to justify the $$$ i spent on it )

IgorT

phenol said:
BTW, I use mine to cauterize small wounds/scratches (inflicted on me by the same cat). They seem to heal faster ( ::) o well, maybe im just imagining magical properties to justify the $$$ i spent on it )

;D LOL!

Yeah, i guess somehow the price has to be justified.. ;)

My cat chases it around as well, but she was confused at first. She is used to red and green mostly.

Oh, and i see the beam better than the camera does. My camera is not that good at capturing this color it would seem.
It's slowly getting darker here, and the beam is becoming more and more amazing.. And i should be working!

IgorT

I just realized i am paying $60, just for the diode, because of our stupid customs.. :(

IgorT said:
I just realized i am paying $60, just for the diode, because of our stupid customs.. :(

Man that sucks Igor you need to get someone to send you just the bare diodes one by one in an envelope. Great beam pics too :)

IgorT said:
Well, the actual power at 89.5mA is 80mW, but the lens takes 10mW away... Of course i'm using clear lenses. AR coated ones would halve the power. I do hope i get 405nm coated lenses soon. They might not be as expensive as i feared..

If i get them, i will offer everyone a 405nm coated lens for the same price i pay for it.

BTW, i simply couldn't go back to real work without taking some pics first. Two beamshots, one away and the other against the camera. My cat is really confused. ;) More pics in the evening.

Depending on how much not as expensive is put me down for one :)

IgorT

thejunkmonger said:
Man that sucks Igor you need to get someone to send you just the bare diodes one by one in an envelope. Great beam pics too :)

Yeah, it sucks! They are ripping me off. :(

I hope i can get the diodes cheaper soon. I could offer a better price in that case too.

I am trying to get partially harvested diodes at the moment. That way the package could be smaller and pass through unnoticed, or if they should look into it, at least it would not look expensive...

$60 just for a diode is a horrible price to pay. If i was in the US, i could get it for half that price or less...

IgorT said:

How much do you think that the 405nm lens will cost? I will probably take it, I am doing anything for more power! [smiley=evil.gif]