Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

While I am waiting on my chargers to show up can I charge these 32650 cells with a charger that is designed to charge cr123 cells? I was planning to use wire and magnets to get it done if you think it would work. Could trying it cause any damage to either component?

jayrob

It would work fine...

Let me know how your build comes out! :beer:

Got my lite up and working last night. This thing is the real deal. It has major throw, it supprised me. One question, the only thing I have to reference it against is a stock 2d LED maglite. It blows it out of the water on high no doubt. On the low setting the regular LED maglite seems to be brighter for sure. I though that according to the specs this thing was going to put out around 300 lumen on the low setting? The stock LED maglite is advertised at putting out around 120 so I was wondering what you think of this and maybe if there is anything I should check on my build.

Last edited:

jayrob

Got my lite up and working last night. This thing is the real deal. It has major throw, it supprised me. One question, the only thing I have to reference it against is a stock 2d LED maglite. It blows it out of the water on high no doubt. On the low setting the regular LED maglite seems to be brighter for sure. I though that according to the specs this thing was going to put out around 300 lumen on the low setting? The stock LED maglite is advertised at putting out around 120 so I was wondering what you think of this and maybe if there is anything I should check on my build.

The XM-L T6 emitter is supposed to be about 386 lumens @ 1 Amp per the data sheet...

In my first post, I show current to the emitter on high, medium, and low. (as well as battery current draw for getting an idea of run time)

So on medium, you will have over 300 lumens, but on low, it is only giving about 160mA's to the emitter. But we're talking over 40 hours run time on low...

The XM-L T6 emitter is supposed to be about 386 lumens @ 1 Amp per the data sheet...

In my first post, I show current to the emitter on high, medium, and low. (as well as battery current draw for getting an idea of run time)

So on medium, you will have over 300 lumens, but on low, it is only giving about 160mA's to the emitter. But we're talking over 40 hours run time on low...

Thats fine with me as it will be on high most of the time anyways. I was just worried I screwed something up. Either way for everyone else I would reccomend just buying the thing to start with from Jayrob. Unless you have access to to some specific tools, have the patience to wait weeks for things to show up in the mail, and the time to put it all together. Its hardly worth the hassle to save the very few dollars that I did.

Thats fine with me as it will be on high most of the time anyways. I was just worried I screwed something up. Either way for everyone else I would reccomend just buying the thing to start with from Jayrob. Unless you have access to to some specific tools, have the patience to wait weeks for things to show up in the mail, and the time to put it all together. Its hardly worth the hassle to save the very few dollars that I did.

Agreed, Jayrob does an amazing job and is a great person to buy from. I bought mine awhile back and it is incredible. I am still blown away by the battery life, the thing seems like it will never die.

I brought it up to the cottage a few times and it just lights everything up, but of course I keep forgetting to bring a camera... one of these days I will remember.

I am hoping to buy an even bigger model from him sometime soon. Highly recommended.

I was outside playing with my lite again tonight and my neighbor (who is a cop) pulled up and came over. He was struck at how powerful it was. He was saying how the spotlights on their cars are not even getting that kind of throw. Oh and for Jayrob here is a little eye candy of my heat sink. Do not know if you have ever considered making yours like this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,637
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,779
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,239
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,450

jayrob

Hey hey! Trying to steal my customers out of my own thread? :crackup:

Nice job on that heatsink design...

:gj:

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Far... I really need to get a lathe!

If I find a mini second hand lathe for a few hundred bucks its mine!!! Mwuhahah

Back to topic. Nice heatsink design :)

BTW, to all our new members, Jayrob is one of the coolest people on this forum. He puts out quality products and modifies things to suit your needs.

He also has an awesome creative side which is why he has so many cool projects :cool:

Would definately reccomend him for hooking you up with a high quality kit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments. This is a total jayrob design that I just built myself. And just to clear up thoughts that anyone may have I am never making any more of these again for anyone unless mine gets lost, broken, or stolen. I am not a machinist and I tore up more material than I would like to admit to trying to get one good one. His price for a heat sink is well worth it considering the time it takes to make one. I am just thankful he has shared the info with us folks that like a diy challenge every now and then.

is there any chance these torches could run on CR123 batteries since iv got loads for my lasers and other torches ?

jayrob

is there any chance these torches could run on CR123 batteries since iv got loads for my lasers and other torches ?

Not this particular build no...

It takes batteries that are 32mm in diameter, and your CR123's are about 16mm in diameter. Not sure if there is a way to stack them in a holder, but if you did that, you would want to keep the over all voltage of the battery pack at 9 volts or less...

my thoughts exactly

how long would you rekon it would run on high with 2 cr123 ?

jayrob

Just 2 X CR123??

You mean make a sleeve that will allow those to fit the host?

I honestly don't think they will even be able to supply the 3 Amps current need for high, possibly... Not sure.

But if they did, or even 3 X CR123's, it's just a matter of the capacity of the batteries.

At 9 Volts (3 X CR123's), your probably going to be drawing in the neighborhood of about 1400mA's battery current draw in high.

And I believe that most CR123's have 1300 to 1500mAh's capacity. So if that is the case, then your looking at maybe an hour or so of run time on high...

ok thanks for your input might be worth a try at soem point but goto save up for your kit first :p

Fiddy

Got my Maglite :)

It arrived packaged well, everything works great i am very pleased.

love the voltage monitor option, complements the build so well.

I bought a assault crown off eBay which is nice as you can see.

Pics!

magliteblack3.jpg

magliteblack6.jpg

magliteblack5.jpg

magliteblack4.jpg

magliteblack1.jpg

magliteblack7.jpg

magliteblack2.jpg

This thing is nice!

ill take some beam shots 2night :)

Last edited: